BYU/UTSA not allowed to exchange handshakes after the game.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU/UTSA not allowed to exchange handshakes after the game.

Post by frdbtr »

So Greg Wrubel said on KSL at the end of the game that the players and coaches were not allowed to exchange handshakes at the end of the game due to UTSA's conference rules. Can someone explain to me how shaking hands at the end of a game where the players have been grabbing, tackling, and blocking each other the whole game is going to slow the spread of Covid-19? I seriously am so sick of this, do they really think we are all that stupid?

Jarhead
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: BYU/UTSA not allowed to exchange handshakes after the game.

Post by Jarhead »

Not a big deal for me.

Ygridiron4ever
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ygridiron4ever »

Maybe trying to account for all the players and staff who didn’t play or have direct contact with all the players and staff from the other sideline who didn’t play? Let’s say..... just spit-balling here...... keeping direct contact to <100 as opposed to >500 random contacts between one potential asymptomatic carrier that could then blossom into as little as three positive tests that cause BYU to cancel even one more game?

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Einstein
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

I applaud efforts to reduce or minimize exposures to the virus to increase the chances that these student athletes can compete and we can root for them, even if from afar.

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:05 pm So Greg Wrubel said on KSL at the end of the game that the players and coaches were not allowed to exchange handshakes at the end of the game due to UTSA's conference rules. Can someone explain to me how shaking hands at the end of a game where the players have been grabbing, tackling, and blocking each other the whole game is going to slow the spread of Covid-19? I seriously am so sick of this, do they really think we are all that stupid?
yeah, seems inconsistent. If you play the game, it shouldn't be a big deal to associate after the game.

If it IS that big of a deal, just cancel the season.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

They all get tested multiple times per week, no one that was involved with that game tested positive. I have no problem with trying to keep from spreading infection, my problem is with the blatant inconsistencies that I am seeing here. Football is so physical and yet we can't allow sportsmanship after all the physicality because it might make someone sick? Bull crap.