Players not expected to return even though 2020 doesn't use year of eligibility

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
E-Zone15
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Players not expected to return even though 2020 doesn't use year of eligibility

Post by E-Zone15 »

If Zach is in the top 15 drafted he should go as much as I would love to see him stay. At first I thought Dax was making a huge mistake, but now I think it's the right call even if he does not get drafted. He will not get any hotter than he is right now IMHO (him and Zach had a special connect/roommates and all) and in truth going into the 2020 season who thought Dax would have a shot at the NFL at any point (even after his Sr year)?

It sounds like Empey will be back for his Sr year and Bracken El-Bakri could come back for a plus one (this is kind of surprising if true). I believe Uriah Leiataua has said already he will take the extra year.

9 different BYU DLmen recorded at least 1 sack this year (including Leiataua) and injured Lorenzo Fauatea and Atunaisa Mahe each had 2.0 in 2019 (tied for 1st on the team with JJ Nwigwe & Dayan Ghanwoloku).

Empey would add a lot of depth with his 34 starts, it would give BYU I think 87 career starts between their returning OL (Keanu Saleapaga- 19, Blake Freeland-15, Clark Barrington-14, and Joe Tukuafu-5).

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Players not expected to return even though 2020 doesn't use year of eligibility

Post by Fido »

Per Criddle, only Uriah Leiataua and Jared Kapisi are returning as Seniors for their "Covid Red Shirt" year.