Players not expected to return even though 2020 doesn't use year of eligibility

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Players not expected to return even though 2020 doesn't use year of eligibility

Post by Fido »

Wow Brady Christensen!

Fido
All Star

Re: Players not expected to return even though 2020 doesn't use year of eligibility

Post by Fido »

BYU senior cornerback Chris Wilcox, who graduated this past summer, said to the media tonight that this will be his last year and that he plans to pursue an NFL career after this season.

Wilcox said his best skill set for the NFL is his speed. He's shooting for a low 4.4-40.

redneckjedi
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by redneckjedi »

This is totally selfish of me, but if we don't get a shot at the playoffs this year because everyone says, "We never got to see what they could do against a real team. If only we could see them against their original schedule..." Then I think everyone should say, "Oh really? Well, you are in luck! We are ALL coming back!" And when we get to the end of next season riding a 23-game winning streak and enough wins to be the Pac-12 South champions, there will be no choice but to give us a shot the second time around.

Also, this offense + Matt Bushman?! I just want to see it.

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by snoscythe »

redneckjedi wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:34 pm Also, this offense + Matt Bushman?! I just want to see it.
I thought I read somewhere recently that Bushman was exploring entering the 2021 draft?

redneckjedi
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by redneckjedi »

snoscythe wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:11 pm
redneckjedi wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:34 pm Also, this offense + Matt Bushman?! I just want to see it.
I thought I read somewhere recently that Bushman was exploring entering the 2021 draft?
I saw a rumor to that effect, citing "sources" close to Bushman. So, it's probably true, but I hope not.

If the yewts take the field and there are no BYU fans to pour beer on, will anybody come?
Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

So I guess Chris Wilcox is now officially done. He opted out of the bowl game and reportedly has signed with an agent. (according to CougarBoard folks quoting Criddle)

a1247
Heisman Winner

Post by a1247 »

Fido wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:04 pm So I guess Chris Wilcox is now officially done. He opted out of the bowl game and reportedly has signed with an agent. (according to CougarBoard folks quoting Criddle)
Of any of the players I thought might opt out of the bowl game Wilcox was definitely not one.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Kyle Griffitts "After playing my last football game of my career,..."

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Tristan Hoge - from his dad Marty "final game of my son's career".