BYU Rankings for Week 9

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Sharper
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU Rankings for Week 9

Post by Sharper »

The coaches poll has Indiana #19 and the only team they've beaten, Penn State, at #17.

I guess they think Penn State will run out the clock next time when they're ahead?

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

The College Football Ranking Composite that takes all the rankings and combines them has us at #9.

Here's the link: https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

They have Boise at #19.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Sharper wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:24 pm The coaches poll has Indiana #19 and the only team they've beaten, Penn State, at #17.

I guess they think Penn State will run out the clock next time when they're ahead?
I watched that game and I'll have to say, I would have thought scoring the TD would have been your best bet, to be up by 8 points. It's one of those hind sight type of situations. If the player would have slid to the ground on about the 5 yard line, instead of scoring the TD, it would have been 1st and goal and yes, they could have run out more of the clock. One of the craziest endings of a game this season, outside of the Texas/Texas Tech game.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

SpiffCoug wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:19 pm The more we keep absolutely destroying teams, the less likely Army will reschedule.
Possible. I know it's been said that their only focus now is beating AF and Navy for the Commander-in-Chief trophy. They're playing AF next, so a reschedule doesn't affect that. The problem apparently lies in the fact that the only opening for BYU is on Nov 28th, before Navy and I guess they don't want to chance losing any key players. They know already that they've been invited to the Independence Bowl, so in reality, what does playing BYU do for them? For most teams, they would savor a shot at a Top 10 team, but apparently, that's not was motivates Army or the game would be rescheduled.

They're being such pansies about it that it's a shocker that they scheduled us in the first place.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

That game was set to be on CBS. I bet they lost some money with the cancellation.