Training Camp day 1: who isn't there

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Training Camp day 1: who isn't there

Post by Fido »

The Migao brothers are not on the camp roster. Buzz is they are trying to work out eligibility issues and hope to be able to join soon. But another thread speculated they may not be able to work things out until January.

23 players I had on my tracker as scholarship players were not listed in the initial camp roster. Of those on the roster, I only see 71 of the 85 scholarships accounted for. I hope this means others will be added soon.

Jaques Wilson is again not on the roster. I thought his knee was good, but he was working something out.

OL Keanu Saleapaga and Mo Unutoa are both not on the roster. Reports said they may be leaving football to focus on school and other things. This leaves the OL quite young--and explains the late additions to the camp roster as preferred walk ons.

Other names not on the roster yet that surprised me: Tanner Baker, Michael Daley, Sione Finau, Micah Harper, Mufi Hunt, Ben and Hank Tuipulotu.

Fido
All Star

Re: Training Camp day 1: who isn't there

Post by Fido »

Per a recent Deseret News article, Hank Tuipulotu (TE) had to medically retire. Also, Cade Albright and Michael Daley (recently returned RMs) will likely greyshirt and join the team on scholarship in January.

Also, the roster has been updated to include 8 more scholarship players and a few walk-ons that were not included initially. Jaques Wilson is now on as is Micah Harper, Ben Tuipulotu, and Sione Finau.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

While Sione Finau is on the current roster, word on the internets (take it for what it's worth) is that isn't correct. Reportedly he was not happy with the depth chart, said he was going to transfer, then turned it around and wanted to stay. The coaches told him he could walk-on if he wanted to stay and that is the hang up. Again, interweb reports...

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Talan Alfrey is not participating in fall camp and is out for the year after tearing his Achilles tendon during a routine workout a month ago.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

DL Victory Vaka appears poised to join camp.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Sitake called today the “last day of fall camp” and tomorrow prep for Arizona begins. They will meet with players later today and establish the starters as they prepare for week 1.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

WR Brayden Cosper injured his wrist and will be out for the season.