Big 12: Today is the Day

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Big 12: Today is the Day

Post by EM_Puma »

This is unbelievable. I never, ever, ever, ever though this possible. Incredible and besides the 1984 national championship in FB, is the greatest day for BYU in my lifetime.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Big 12: Today is the Day

Post by Fido »

Other interesting items from BYU Sports Nation:
Bob Bowlsby: BYU's share of the Big 12 tv revenue in their 1st 2 years will likely be in the 50% range (hundreds of details to iron out) but after they negotiate a new TV deal starting in 2025, they would get a full share.

Tom Holmoe: The reason for joining in 2023 instead of 2022 is to ease things for our partners. It seems like a lot more work to adjust all the scheduling for all sports to add BYU in 2022 and then adjust it all over again in all sports when the other teams join in 2023. It also gives the WCC a bit more time to adjust schedules and plans for what they want to do going forward.

Mark Pope: WOW.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?....LET'S GO!!!!!!!!
He also added that BYU has a tough schedule now and has never won the conference (and has to be the best team in the nation to do so to beat Gonzaga) in the 10 years in the WCC so they have no picnic now--but when you look ahead to the Big 12 basketball schedule IT IS FRIGHTENING!!!! (said in Mark Pope high pitched excited voice). But he also said the only recruits that wouldn't want to come to BYU now are the ones who don't want to play the best competition in the nation.