BYU vs Virginia

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
E-Zone15
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs Virginia

Post by E-Zone15 »

tmoney35 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:04 am Man, I'm so surprised how that second half went. D stepped up big time. TA a man among boys. This is a good team!

One more P5 team to go. Let's hope we stay healthy the next couple of weeks and finish strong!
The crazy thing is BYU went with the 3 man rush and drop 8 zone in the second half, where the first half was much more man press coverage.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

In my rewatch today, I was surprised how much BYU had a 4-man DL in 2nd half.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:17 pm In my rewatch today, I was surprised how much BYU had a 4-man DL in 2nd half.
Was it as much as the first half, can you tell? My visual (TV watching) was that we went much more 3-man rush in the second half than the first.....but maybe that impression is wrong?

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

I'm not sure. But I just remember re-watching and thinking, hey look! We're not bringing only three. That's four DL lining up and rushing there.

I'd have to go back, rewatch, and count how many times we lined up 3 or 4 DL in each half. And I'm not sure I want to have the pain of that 2nd quarter.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

SpiffCoug wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:34 pm I'm not sure. But I just remember re-watching and thinking, hey look! We're not bringing only three. That's four DL lining up and rushing there.

I'd have to go back, rewatch, and count how many times we lined up 3 or 4 DL in each half. And I'm not sure I want to have the pain of that 2nd quarter.
Haha The second Q was nightmare producing... Well it isn't scientific but I do not recall a three man rush in the first half and my recollection was seeing a three man rush a lot in the second half--and interestingly, at least from my memory too, our three man rush produced as much if not more pressure on the QB than our four man rush....Whatever happened, the second half was a good half of D.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

BoiseBYU wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:25 am
SpiffCoug wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:34 pm I'm not sure. But I just remember re-watching and thinking, hey look! We're not bringing only three. That's four DL lining up and rushing there.

Haha The second Q was nightmare producing... Well it isn't scientific but I do not recall a three man rush in the first half and my recollection was seeing a three man rush a lot in the second half--and interestingly, at least from my memory too, our three man rush produced as much if not more pressure on the QB than our four man rush....Whatever happened, the second half was a good half of D.
I watched Sitake's interview post game. He said the biggest difference was rotating guys in the second half so everyone was fresh. makes sense. Towards the end of the 2nd Q guys looked a bit gassed, trying to arm tackle, missing a lot of tackles etc.