Getting More Users

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Getting More Users

Post by hawkwing »

How do we get more quality posters over here?

I think most of us can agree that what used to be the place for the highest quality comments is rapidly going down hill, and other places have always sucked. So how do we get the good people to come here?

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Getting More Users

Post by snoscythe »

I really think we just need to invite people, with the understanding it might take a couple of weeks/months for traffic to build. If we can get a few respected posters to frequent the place, things will start humming.

pjmuli
Freshman

Post by pjmuli »

Hi all,

I was a regular reader, occasional poster on previous cougar message boards. I was happy to find this site based upon the familiar names and words of those who I enjoyed reading the most. There is a delicate balance in adding more people...because with a lot more people comes some of the same old problems as with previous sites.

Nevertheless...I am very pleased to find this board, read, and occasionally post.

Sammich
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Sammich »

Mars' posts on another board got me here. Sorry guys if I lower the overall quality of the board by being here. :oops:

SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SenorCougar »

Good to find you all again. Frequent reader, occasional poster...depending on time, mood, and topic. Enjoy the ideas shared........

Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Short_Change »

Mars' post led me back here as well. Yes, lets carefully get the word out.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Cougarcorner must be having success in getting the best users over here, because - hey - I'm here! :D

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
49erCoug
BLUEshirt

Post by 49erCoug »

I hope this site can be what the other used to be.. BUT.. what is in place to make sure that doesn't happen? Just curious

kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

po_pocoug wrote:I hope this site can be what the other used to be.. BUT.. what is in place to make sure that doesn't happen? Just curious
I would hope that the admin would have good control of moderation. I also would be SHOCKED if certain posters from other sites were able to post here without receiving an instant cancellation of their user privileges. There are some users that have shown they are only on other websites to cause problems. I would hope that would NOT be allowed here.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

po_pocoug wrote:I hope this site can be what the other used to be.. BUT.. what is in place to make sure that doesn't happen? Just curious
Hawking started a thread to get input on what the rules should be.

http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=978

As for me, if a thread starts spiraling off topic, it will be moderated to bring it back. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, and trolls will have the lifespan of a beer can in Shiloah Teo's SUV. To me, a troll is someone who is posting with a vendetta/ulterior motive other than engaging in discourse, whether it be ad hominem attacks or selling shoes.

As far as how we get more users here--invite them. If there is someone who you think would appreciate this type of forum, invite them to join the dark-side and help us grow.