Should BYU score more than UNR?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
kiwibacon
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Should BYU score more than UNR?

Post by kiwibacon »

Nevada against UNLV last week put up 700+ yards in offense and scored 63 points. Does BYU match that?

Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Should BYU score more than UNR?

Post by Short_Change »

That would be very tough to do, but definitely feasible. I remember when Doman led us to 70 points vs Tulane. If we don't turn the ball over and either cause some TO's on deffense or let UNLV score quick when they do then we could do it. We probably won't, but we'll see.

Short_Change
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Short_Change »

My prediction for the game is 42 to 21. So my money is on us not scoring that much. What's your prediction?

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

kiwibacon wrote:Nevada against UNLV last week put up 700+ yards in offense and scored 63 points. Does BYU match that?
I don't know about matching. BYU runs an offense that is about as different from Nevada's "Pistol" offense as you can get. I'll be happy with a win. Preferrably by 3 touchdowns or more.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

No. They shouldn't. The only way BYU scores 60+ is if UNLV puts up 50ish and forces BYU to keep heading for the end zone. We are not a home-run threat offense, we don't return kicks for points, and our defense is not going to let UNLV keep up (knock on FSU-wood).

Unless there is a need to get the score that high, Bronco is not going to let the offense play X-Box out there when he knows the coach on the other sideline is hanging onto his job by a thread. We get up by 3 TDs or more, it is going to be a steady diet of Unga and Tonga between the tackles.

kiwibacon
All-American

Post by kiwibacon »

I don't think that we put up that high of a score either...I think it will be 30's to 40's for BYU and UNLV will get teen's to 20's at most. I remember going a few years ago and even when we put in the 2nd and 3rd stringers in we were scoring at will. Wayne Latu as a freshman was ripping it up. I just see us playing a very conservative game these next two weeks (UNLV and SDSU) to get ready and rested for TCU.

Sammich
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Sammich »

I knew Bronco wouldn't let the team play the type of game that racks up 700 yards against a weak opponent. Still, our yards got pretty darn close for playing such a conservative game.