Schduling Problems?

BYU Cougars on the court.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Schduling Problems?

Post by scott715 »

We can get good teams to play us at home. Who do we schedule? We need to upgrade the SOS and help the team to improve.

The conference versus conference is a good idea, can the MWC get more deals? Neutral sites work. We can draw fans almost anywhere. It is hard to get invited to one of the big tournaments. Could we start a tournament somewhere? How about a 8 team one in Mexico the start of the season? That way we would play in it each year.

I think we should go back to a 1 and 1 with USU. I know that is twice against the same opponent but it is an upgrade to our and theirs SOS.

scott715
TV Analyst

Re: Schduling Problems?

Post by scott715 »

Possible teams we could get a 1 and 1?

Gonzaga
Oregon St
Oregon
USC
Texas A&M assuming that we don't play them again each year in the tournament
St Mary's
Notre Dame
Navy Not a great team but an independent looking for games and better than what we are getting.

Could we find some decent teams that would do a permanent game each year like USU does? could it develop into a rival? What about religious rivals like a Notre Dame

scott715
TV Analyst

Re: Schduling Problems?

Post by scott715 »

Last night I watched Portland trounce UCLA. The announcers were saying that Porland is now having trouble getting good teams to play them because they are now competitive. They would schedule with us or agree to a tournament. They are a good 3 point shooting team. Playing them would help our team get better than playing a Southern team that rolls over for us.

It seems that the midmajors need to team up and schedule amoung themselves.