What I saw is what I expected

BYU Cougars on the court.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

What I saw is what I expected

Post by EM_Puma »

I enjoyed watching the BYU BB team play someone other than themselves. My only real disappointment is that the team seems to be just as I expected they would be. If there was a top 20 of overall talented teams, they're probably in the top ten. They have such a deep, deep team. Fredette IS the talent flollowed by JT. From there it appears to be that you wouldn't be afraid for any of ther other members of the team to be on the floor. How many times can you say "deep" and get people to really feel the word.

But....once again I didn't see a team yet that, if they can get the monkey off their back and get that first NCAA win, that I can feel will go any deeper and that perplexes me because of the talent I see. They were very fun to watch and I would venture to say, even without cummard, they are a better team than last year, but I want a true and valid NCAA tournament team. It's time. Maybe, and I've said that too many times these last few years, they can develop into one, but my fear is that we're a better team than last year, but still not a bonafide NCAA tournament team, worthy to advance at least to the sweet 16. And while I'd be ungreatful if I didn't appreciate the team at all, but I just want to be selfish and I want more for a change.

Haws and Davies are the real thing.

Sammich
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: What I saw is what I expected

Post by Sammich »

You may be right, but it was the first game and I wouldn't expect everything to gel just yet. What I don't want to see is them peaking early in the season and tapering off like has happened a couple times with Rose's teams. Fortunately with Rose's teams they still mostly win even when they're not playing at peak, except when it comes to the tournament games at the end of the season.

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: What I saw is what I expected

Post by Mars »

In a perfect world, we would want Haws and Davies to be good enough to start along with Fredette, JT, and Emery, because our bigs (offensively and ESPECIALLY defensively) have been our team's weakness the past two years...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars