Pacific game

BYU Cougars on the court.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Pacific game

Post by frdbtr »

EM_Puma wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:48 pm So McCray was tossed for that throw down correct? I had stepped out of the room when it happened. Need to see if I can find the replay on Stadium TV.
Yes, the ref's reviewed the play, called a flagrant 2 and tossed him. I didn't see the trash talking though.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

frdbtr wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:00 am
EM_Puma wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:48 pm So McCray was tossed for that throw down correct? I had stepped out of the room when it happened. Need to see if I can find the replay on Stadium TV.
Yes, the ref's reviewed the play, called a flagrant 2 and tossed him. I didn't see the trash talking though.
In the first few minutes of the game, Childs posted up on McCray, he pivoted and went up for the shot. McCray crossed his arm across the front of Childs and knocked the ball out of Childs' hands. Childs thought he got fouled ( looked like it to me) and started pleading his case to the refs. While Childs was pleading his case, McCray stood right across from Childs. Face was less than two feet away and McCray was jawing at Childs the whole time Childs was talking to the ref. At one point Childs looked over at McCray with this "what the h#$l" look. McCray just kept nodding and jawing at Childs.

Shortly thereafter McCray got a bit physical and looked like he was talking some more trash. Stoudamire pulled him. He then put McCray back in and a few possessions later McCray threw Seljaas to the floor. His whole team was like, what are you doing? At one point the cameras caught Stoudamire shaking his head at McCray and saying something to him when it became obvious it was going to be a flagrant 2.

I remember watching the first few minutes and thinking, what's up with this McCray guy...did a BYU player run over his dog or something.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Thanks on the detail. Sorry I missed that.

We quickly fell behind 8-0 and Pope called a TO. That's when I made the first post of this thread because it appeared to me that the refs were going to let Pacific manhandle the Cougs. It was very obvious that they were missing fouls and BYU was beginning to look at the refs like, "hey, what gives?"

After trying to get Stadium TV on my regular TV, I had finally given up and was watching it on my computer in my home office. I had just gotten home late from work and my wife kind of wanted some time, so I went out in the living room with her and missed all that and Toolson's run-in with the Pacific bench or whatever. I thought one of the benefits of Stadium TV was going to be the ability to watch a rebroadcast of the game. I tried last night to find a replay of the game and I didn't find one, just a highlights. Anyone else know of where to find a rebroadcast option of the entire game? Boy does BYUtv and ESPN+ have me spoiled in that regard.