SMC

BYU Cougars on the court.
Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

SMC

Post by Gunk »

Big, big game today. I think we got these guys. Only potential risk, TJ Haws may be out because his wife could go in labor any minute. Let's hope a BYU win puts her into labor.

With Childs back, assuming TJ also plays, I see us coming out on fire. We need this win.

SMC's Krebs may be out for the game, which would help us.

SMC is 1st in the nation on 3pt% and BYU is second. Basically a 10th separates them. With Childs, BYU has one of the best inside out games in the nation. SMC doesn't really have anyone that can go toe to toe with Childs. We feed the middle and Childs continues to do a good job recognizing the double team and we could get a good rythem going. Need to keep the ball moving and avoid iso ball.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: SMC

Post by BroncoBot »

Byu making all the mistakes in half #2 tonight. Lots of bad passes and turnovers.

Jarhead
All-American

Post by Jarhead »

Wow, what a finish! The team hung in there despite everything.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Gritty ending.

If BYU learns to play a cleaner brand of basketball can win a game like that by double digits. Did a nice job on Ford. SMC was hot. Nice to get the win despite some mistakes

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Wow! Did not think we would pull it off. Gritty play. I'll take it.

I cringed at TJ's final shot but then rejoiced. And Seljaas! Guy was key down the stretch playing defense and grabbing some key boards.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Nice win. We really need to hold the home court. I would be able to stomach a loss to Gonzaga on our home floor but no one else in the WCC. IMO, if we just hold our home court, we will end up 2nd in the conference this year.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

frdbtr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:18 am Nice win. We really need to hold the home court. I would be able to stomach a loss to Gonzaga on our home floor but no one else in the WCC. IMO, if we just hold our home court, we will end up 2nd in the conference this year.
SMC still hasn't played the Zags. That's likely two additional losses for them, maybe one. For the good of the conference, let's hope SMC splits with Gonzaga.

We have Gonzaga coming to town and road games against LMU and Pepperdine. The Pepperdine game especially will be tough. Dons and SC won't be easy either, but we have the better shot of winning out than SMC.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

One of the greatest games that I've attended in person! After TJ's shot I was afraid we had another Delladova on our hands. What a shot! And great clutch defense. The unsung hero of the game was Harding. Came in and got the assignment to guard the two toughest players who were on fire. And he did a great job.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Wow. What a game. Great win, one we needed.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

byufan4ever wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:58 am One of the greatest games that I've attended in person! After TJ's shot I was afraid we had another Delladova on our hands. What a shot! And great clutch defense. The unsung hero of the game was Harding. Came in and got the assignment to guard the two toughest players who were on fire. And he did a great job.
Harding was the unsung hero. He played outstanding defense last night. Good pointing that out.