BYU vs San Diego

BYU Cougars on the court.
frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU vs San Diego

Post by frdbtr »

A win is a win, but San Diego had no business being in that game. I hope this wakes up BYU that you have to show up every game no matter what your opponents win/loss record is.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: BYU vs San Diego

Post by scott715 »

It is good for the team to be pushed like that. It felt like a tournament game.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Phew...

Way too close. I don't know if San Diego just matches up better against us or what, but that was close.

Credit to SD for taking us out of our three point game. They really got out on the perimeter.

Baxter looked a bit better out there, but he needs to get the ball. No one is giving him the ball. I'd like to see him get some touches otherwise teams will learn they can ditch him. Colby Lee brings more offensively than Baxter does right now.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

Just the type of game that drives me up a wall. Back and forth lead changes ratchets up the anxiety and makes me wonder why I follow sports in the first place. We came through and that's what bottom line matters.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Yeah, after last night I am real worried about our game against Pepperdine.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Gunk wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:11 am Phew...

Way too close. I don't know if San Diego just matches up better against us or what, but that was close.

Credit to SD for taking us out of our three point game. They really got out on the perimeter.

Baxter looked a bit better out there, but he needs to get the ball. No one is giving him the ball. I'd like to see him get some touches otherwise teams will learn they can ditch him. Colby Lee brings more offensively than Baxter does right now.
I am concerned about our 3 point shooting. When they are falling there are few that we can't beat. When they are not teams like San Diego can scare us and may beat us. We can't forget the rest of the game.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Gunk wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:11 am Phew...

Wrubell says Lee only played just over 14 minutes but scored 8 points including all 4 of his freethrows. He got 5 rebounds including 3 on the offensiv end. All of them resulted in 2nd chance points. That's half a double double in 14 minutes.

Haws had 17 points and 10 assists for his second career double double.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

It was our recovery of our offense in the 2nd half that served us, but the trouble was that USD shot very well in the 2nd half. It was interesting in the post game interview with CBS that Pope said that when he looked at the schedule, this game was one that he had worried about because of San Diego's success against BYU over the years.
Attachments
BYU vs SDSU-15 Feb 2020.JPG

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Attendance 2,711. Pathetic WCC members to put up high schoolesq type numbers.

Interesting that this was Haw's only 2nd double-double in his career.

Yes, when you look of time played by Lee and Baxter and see the production, Baxter needs to get his offense up, but as noted, he's not getting fed the ball much when he's in. I like his blocked shots.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

There will be games when the threes don’t fall as well as we’d want. More disconcerting was our team defense. SD seemed to score at will almost in the second half, ending up 50 percent for the game. They also killed us on the boards. We took Nixon for granted.