Gonzaga Game Sold Out!

BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Gonzaga Game Sold Out!

Post by byufan4ever »

I saw on KSL Sports that the game is sold out! Gonzaga fans also tend to travel well. However, I also know a few local people that went to Gonzaga law school so they may have a few local fans. I'm ready for a rockin atmosphere!

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Gonzaga Game Sold Out!

Post by EM_Puma »

I don't know why that is such a shocker to the media as in a post I had about a month ago when I questioned BYU's attendance, I found that the Gonzaga home game had been sold out the prior 4 times as well. That's as far back as I had gone, but it makes it easy to imagine that the Gonzaga home game will usually be sold out every season.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Actually, I'm more curious on how close to a sell out the Santa Clara game will be. I had checked this morning and I checked right now. There are still some 100+ lower bowl seats available for Thursday's game, so I don't believe it will be a sell-out.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byufan4ever »

Well the article I read said this was the first sell out since the Gonzaga game in 2018. So apparently there were none in 2019. If we couldn't sell out SF and SMC then I doubt we'll sell out SC. I mean, I know we're ranked now, but still I doubt it.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

byufan4ever wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:47 pm Well the article I read said this was the first sell out since the Gonzaga game in 2018. So apparently there were none in 2019. If we couldn't sell out SF and SMC then I doubt we'll sell out SC. I mean, I know we're ranked now, but still I doubt it.
I went back and looked at them again and now I see that 2019 (last season) didn't in fact sell out. I'm not sure what I had seen. Someone had pointed out to me that it had, I looked, that's what I had thought I saw, but now it shows there were only 15,396, so not a sell out. The four (4) years prior do seem to be sold out. My only question was that 2014 was before the renovation, so it says attendance was 20,900. Current sell out, with the updated seating, is 18,987. So, I'm not sure if that was a sell out or not. Wake Forest (the loudest game I've ever attended) had attendance of 23,096 in January of 2009. I had thought that 22K was our max back then. Must have sold "standing room only".

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Doubt the SC game will be sold out. It's in the middle of the week.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel