Pepperdine

BYU Cougars on the court.
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Pepperdine

Post by nuk13 »

I am impressed with Childs 38 and 14. I'm more impressed with the team play of BYU. Haws is very good at the pick and roll. The team looks for who is open and they are very good at getting open.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

nuk13 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:44 pm I am impressed with Childs 38 and 14. I'm more impressed with the team play of BYU. Haws is very good at the pick and roll. The team looks for who is open and they are very good at getting open.
IMHO, Jimmer was a better shooter than any of the current players on the team, but that Sweet 16 team didn't have the depth of good shooters this team has. I believe if they continue to play so well as a team, they can make it deep.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Colby Ross averages 20 pts a game. We held him to 8 points tonight. 8! That's some amazing defense. Colby was never able to get it going.

Pepperdine went with the same game plan San Diego and Santa Clara went with: try to shut down BYU's three point shooting. That meant going 1:1 against Yoli on defense. Pepperdine doesn't have the big to go up against Yoli.

As much as Yoli says he felt like he took too many shots, they were there all night. Pepperdine couldn't stop him. It sends a strong message to future opponents. How do you beat BYU? Double Yoli and the three point shot opens up for us. Don't double Yoli and it's the Yoli show all night. Meanwhile, we'll pick 'n roll an opponent all night long.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel