BYU Cougars on the court.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Junkanoo Jam 2020-21

Post by scott715 »

https://byucougars.com/story/m-basketba ... nkanoo-Jam

We will play in this tournament next year against. BC #150, George Mason #166 and Tulsa #86. Not as good as the Maui this year.

EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Junkanoo Jam 2020-21

Post by EM_Puma »

Well, all I can say is that it's somewhere to go and you only go to Maui every so often, but yes, that was my same reaction. Surprising when the highlight of a tournament is possibly BYU.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

Perhaps each of those teams will be improved next year. Not great teams, but not horrible teams either. Is this going to be a round-robin tournament guaranteeing 3 games? I can't imaging going to the Bahamas and playing just 2 games.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

scott715 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:22 pm https://byucougars.com/story/m-basketba ... nkanoo-Jam

We will play in this tournament next year against. BC #150, George Mason #166 and Tulsa #86. Not as good as the Maui this year.
I also wonder why BYU just announced this just now. I came across the BC and George Mason announcements a couple of days ago, and those announcements were made in December, and mentioned all 4 teams.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byufan4ever »

Wolverine wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:48 am Perhaps each of those teams will be improved next year. Not great teams, but not horrible teams either. Is this going to be a round-robin tournament guaranteeing 3 games? I can't imaging going to the Bahamas and playing just 2 games.
Yes, I read somewhere that it is a round-robin. With this being a neutral floor it looks like it might be one Quad 2 game and two Quad 3 games. We also won't be as strong next year.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Wolverine wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:50 am
scott715 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:22 pm https://byucougars.com/story/m-basketba ... nkanoo-Jam

I also wonder why BYU just announced this just now. I came across the BC and George Mason announcements a couple of days ago, and those announcements were made in December, and mentioned all 4 teams.
When was the last time you saw BYU the first to announce an event involving another team? I'm sure it's happened, but rarely. These announcements almost always come after the other team(s) have made their announcements. I don't have any idea the reason for that, but it is something that BYU has been consistent in doing.

I like playing all 3 of these teams, you would just like for them to have at least one projected ranked team in a tournament.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

EM_Puma wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:03 am
Wolverine wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:50 am

When was the last time you saw BYU the first to announce an event involving another team? I'm sure it's happened, but rarely. These announcements almost always come after the other team(s) have made their announcements. I don't have any idea the reason for that, but it is something that BYU has been consistent in doing.

I like playing all 3 of these teams, you would just like for them to have at least one projected ranked team in a tournament.
Reactionary as opposed to proactive does seem to be the BYU way more often than not....in almost all things BYU. This might be just the competition needed for the team to get it's footing and begin to gel. It will be interesting to see who Pope lines up OOC.