BYU vs SMC

BYU Cougars on the court.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: BYU vs SMC

Post by scott715 »

Baxter played a lot of minutes in this game.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

https://bracketologists.com/teamsheet/byu-cougars

Here is our latest NET sheet. Since 9 while KenPom is 13. SMC NET is 30.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

scott715 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:39 am Baxter played a lot of minutes in this game.
Lee was out sick so Baxter got the start and his minutes. While Baxter is improved from a few weaks ago he still looked lost on defense at times. It was a nightmare when he got switched onto Ford. That almost put back slam dunk was almost awesome.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

I had to get up at 4 yesterday morning for something related to work. Needless to say, by the time the game came on, I was out like a light, so I saw nothing of the game. I woke up about 11:30 though and checked the score. We were up by 2. I was very nervous, but got back to sleep. Woke up at 2 something and had hard time reading phone without reading glasses. I could see that SMC had 51 points, but I couldn't tell if BYU had 50 or 60. A whole lot of difference. I could not let that go, so I got up, got my classes and was totally disappointed at the result. Had a horrible night of sleep after that. I so wish I didn't care about sports like I do.

Reading today about the game I don't know if I should watch it or not. I can't believe any team held us to only 50 points. I heard people in the office talk of Yoeli being too soft down under, but his numbers didn't look bad. Haws's numbers looks like he didn't come to play. That total would tie his smallest output of the season. You can't do that in a tournament semi-final.

This was not the type of performance I was expecting out of this team. I don't know if their heads are too swollen from all the media coverage or what happened, but gravely disappointing result.

Is it worth the time to watch?
Last edited by EM_Puma on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Honestly, I think that's a ridiculous time to play a game on a Monday night. The WCC probably isn't "AS" bothered as BYU fans as most are on PST and have an hour on us, but way too late to have to wait to play a game just because of TV scheduling.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

I guess this tweet by Wrubell sums it up
Attachments
GW-31020.JPG
Last edited by EM_Puma on Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Wow, I knew we probably still would not have Nixon, but no Colby Lee?

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

I hope Lee gets better quick and the rest of the team does not catch what he has.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

EM_Puma wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:41 am Honestly, I think that's a ridiculous time to play a game on a Monday night. The WCC probably isn't "AS" bothered as BYU fans as most are on PST and have an hour on us, but way too late to have to wait to play a game just because of TV scheduling.
I wouldn't wouldn't watch it. It was a frustrating game. Something was up with Haws. He looked horrible out there.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Gunk wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:17 pm
EM_Puma wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:41 am Honestly, I think that's a ridiculous time to play a game on a Monday night. The WCC probably isn't "AS" bothered as BYU fans as most are on PST and have an hour on us, but way too late to have to wait to play a game just because of TV scheduling.
I wouldn't wouldn't watch it. It was a frustrating game. Something was up with Haws. He looked horrible out there.
Everyone was off last night it was uncanny - Toolson hit three threes in the first half and then completely lost his nerve for some reason - he tried posting up folks in the second half, but that has not been his game this year and he was unable to even get a shot off several times. Haws' shot was flat and off, Barcello didn't even look to shoot, neither did Zac - it was like watching a completely different team. I'm glad that these guys got the chance to suffer a physical beating last night to prepare them for next week.