Coronavirus at BYU Gonzaga Game

BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Coronavirus at BYU Gonzaga Game

Post by byufan4ever »

I just saw that BYU tweeted out that someone who was at the BYU vs Gonzaga game at the Marriott Center has been diagnosed with the Coronavirus. How many other people did that person make contact with?! I was at that game...

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Coronavirus at BYU Gonzaga Game

Post by EM_Puma »

Yeah, like who hasn't interacted with someone who was at that game? They say the risk is low to have gotten it from that, but this is all too crazy.

I went to Costco at lunch today and I wanted to pick up some Tylenol. There wasn't any. I asked at the cashier's about it. She told me that a shipment came in today and someone bought the whole lot. This is really, really crazy. Someone is trying to make a shortage and capitalize on it or something. Those huge bottles have so many capsules in them that it can't be that someone is wanting the stuff just for themselves.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

They should not sell a case to one person. They will resell and make a profit on it.

Anyways, I read today that the incubation period is 5 days. That game was 16 days ago. You should be fine.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

scott715 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:50 pmAnyways, I read today that the incubation period is 5 days. That game was 16 days ago. You should be fine.
The concern is that over 90% of people who are infected with Coronavirus don't even seek medical treatment--it's just a mild fever and a cough. However, even without the worst symptoms, they are contagious and carriers. That's what they are trying to rule out--that someone contracted it at the game/elsewhere and had a dry cough a week later.