Caleb Lohner switching to BYU

Post by hawkwing »

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Caleb Lohner switching to BYU

Post by byufan4ever »

Oh man, I'm really excited for this guy! Will Ute Cry Baby give him a release though? From what I read on VTF even if the release isn't granted he can still come to BYU, but he will have to pay his own way for a year while sitting out. ESPN had him as a 4 star with others rating him 3 stars. He's an athletic 6-6 with good wingspan.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Not a PG. I have not seen him play last year but I saw video of one of our recruits that owned him so I have my concerns.

Wolverine
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Wolverine »

Top 100 player. Huge get!

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2020/6/9 ... er-job-byu

Multiple sources have confirmed to Vanquish The Foe that the University of Utah will release Caleb Lohner from the National Letter of Intent he signed with the school last November, clearing the way for the four-star 2020 recruit to sign with BYU.

One well-placed source indicated that Utah head coach Larry Krystkowiak had initially refused to sign Lohner’s release, but that the coach’s wishes were overridden by his boss, athletic director Mark Harlan, who ultimately authorized the move.

Upon receiving the release from his NLI, Lohner will become immediately eligible to play for another school, and he is expected to join BYU’s active roster for the upcoming season. Had Lohner not secured his release from Utah, he still could have made the jump to Provo, but would have been forced to sit out a year of competition (without a scholarship) and lose a season of eligibility.

As the Lohner saga unfolded over the weekend, uncorroborated media reports surfaced that accused BYU of improperly tampering with Lohner. However, multiple sources connected with BYU, Utah, and independent of both schools have since refuted those claims. One such report by Ute Zone alleged that BYU had hired Caleb’s father — former Cougar hoopster Matt Lohner — in an on-campus job, but multiple sources confirmed to Vanquish The Foe that report is 100% false. Matt Lohner is not employed by the university.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

I can't help but think this fills the scholarship allocation and the roster is now at 15:
G
Alex Barcello, SR
Hunter Erickson, FR
Connor Harding, JR
Spencer Johnson, SO
Trevin Knell, SO
Cameron Pearson, SO (walk-on)
Townsend Tripple, FR (walk-on)
Jesse Wade, JR

F
Gavin Baxter, JR
Gideon George, JR
Kolby Lee, JR
Caleb Lohner, FR
Wyatt Lowell, SO

C
Matt Haarms, SR
Richard Harward, JR

Next year will be another scholarship crunch with 2 seniors graduating and 3 returning missionaries.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

He has been released.

It is reported the Krystkowiak refused to grant the release but was overruled by the AD, Mark Harlan.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Fido wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:44 am https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2020/6/9 ... er-job-byu

Multiple sources have confirmed to Vanquish The Foe that the University of Utah will release Caleb Lohner from the National Letter of Intent he signed with the school last November, clearing the way for the four-star 2020 recruit to sign with BYU.

One well-placed source indicated that Utah head coach Larry Krystkowiak had initially refused to sign Lohner’s release, but that the coach’s wishes were overridden by his boss, athletic director Mark Harlan, who ultimately authorized the move.

Upon receiving the release from his NLI, Lohner will become immediately eligible to play for another school, and he is expected to join BYU’s active roster for the upcoming season. Had Lohner not secured his release from Utah, he still could have made the jump to Provo, but would have been forced to sit out a year of competition (without a scholarship) and lose a season of eligibility.

As the Lohner saga unfolded over the weekend, uncorroborated media reports surfaced that accused BYU of improperly tampering with Lohner. However, multiple sources connected with BYU, Utah, and independent of both schools have since refuted those claims. One such report by Ute Zone alleged that BYU had hired Caleb’s father — former Cougar hoopster Matt Lohner — in an on-campus job, but multiple sources confirmed to Vanquish The Foe that report is 100% false. Matt Lohner is not employed by the university.
Krystkowiak is such a freakin joke.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
steelers12
Gray Shirt

Post by steelers12 »

now that Utah released him. what is the latest? when do you think he will sign with byu? or did he already sign? thanks any info please.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Fido wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:57 am I can't help but think this fills the scholarship allocation and the roster is now at 15:
G
Alex Barcello, SR
Hunter Erickson, FR
Connor Harding, JR
Spencer Johnson, SO
Trevin Knell, SO
Cameron Pearson, SO (walk-on)
Townsend Tripple, FR (walk-on)
Jesse Wade, JR

F
Gavin Baxter, JR
Gideon George, JR
Kolby Lee, JR
Caleb Lohner, FR
Wyatt Lowell, SO

C
Matt Haarms, SR
Richard Harward, JR

Next year will be another scholarship crunch with 2 seniors graduating and 3 returning missionaries.
Last I saw noted that Jesse Wade is not on scholarship this season, but I don't know if that was confirmed.