UVU

BYU Cougars on the court.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

UVU

Post by BoiseBYU »

Devastating loss--I am referring to Gavin out for the season. Unbelievable string of bad luck for the young man. I hope and wish the best for him.

With Baxter and Harwood out, can our two remaining freshmen centers (and they are not oversized at that) handle the post? Last night UVU's center was dominating.

Barcello was quiet and remained quiet. UVU had some good D on the guy but from this observer's viewpoint, BYU's screen setting was very poor (n fact it has been poor the whoe season). The screen setter NEVER shed the defender. EVER. No realy chance for the pick and roll.

Our three point shooting was poor. Some of our shoots didn't even have the respect of hitting the rim. Ugh. I should edit this--our shooting was poor. Three point, two point, lay up, free throws. Ugly ugly offensive night.

I thought our D was good.

I thought the reffing was atrocious. Bad calls both ways, but I thought we got the raw end more often than UVU did. The one no call in which Pope got a T when the UVU defender is literally on top of Barcello's back is an all time worst call. Sheesh!

Even if we had somehow pulled the win out last night, I'd be feeling very very low. I feel so bad for Baxter.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: UVU

Post by byufan4ever »

Yeah, Baxter was playing better than I had expected this season. For as efficient as Barcello is he needs a little Jimmer in him. Sometimes he needs to not be afraid to miss. He's our best option for scorer so even if it's not a great look he probably needs to shoot it.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

Baxter is a big loss. Unfortunately he is injury prone. Barcello seems to be in a shooting slump.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byufan4ever »

nuk13 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:01 am Baxter is a big loss. Unfortunately he is injury prone. Barcello seems to be in a shooting slump.
Our entire team seems to be in a shooting slump. With how guard heavy we are that is not something that I was expecting.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins