US bombs falling on Yemeni hospitals

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

US bombs falling on Yemeni hospitals

Post by jvquarterback »

Nobody cares but here you go.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.nytimes.com/video/players/o ... 0006466384[/BBvideo]

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
BlueK
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: US bombs falling on Yemeni hospitals

Post by BlueK »

Some care. The House and senate cared enough to pass a resolution against continued US military activity with S. Arabia because of it, but Mr. President vetoed it. It's one of only two vetoes Trump has issued. I think a lot of people would care if they knew about it. Saudi Arabia's royal family is a corrupt, thug regime.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
gingi
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Don't forget the schools, apartments, and religious buildings...

Post by gingi »

I'm familiar with those tactics. Most of those in the Arab/NE Africa do not think the way you or I do and it takes most westerners years to allow themselves to understand it if it all - a kind of arrogance built in to western thinking. The ME are wonderful and love their families as much as you or I do but there is a significant difference in value/honor. Not better/worse, just really really different and surprisingly difficult to distinguish at first.To us their treatment of females, LGTB, and those not part of their group is terrible. To them our love of virtue signalling over the safety/future of our countries, families, way of live, and lives of our soldiers is an unmatched gift of a game changer. Still, it's a beautiful area of the world with incredible history. If you can, live there for at least two years and before you go study your ancient history and read a book like "From Beirut to Jerusalem". You'll be glad you went and your life's perspective will have been changed forever.