Please comfort me. Tell me Romney will never rep Utah again

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Please comfort me. Tell me Romney will never rep Utah again

Post by imuakahuku »

I am so embarrassed of him. To say "his deep Mormon faith played a significant role in his decision" to vote for conviction on the phone call when allllllll the evidence proves otherwise. The transcript, the UKr. President, the payment details, and so on. They have nothing. Admit it Romney, you have joined Harry Reid and sold your soul for filthy lucre. He is voting this way because his son was also hired by a UKr gas/oil company along with Pelosi's kid too.
Please tell me the people living in Utah see him for what he truly is, a member of the establishment. This explains why he graciously let Obama off the hook in the second debate. Why he never stood up to them and let the Dems say and do whatever. He pulled a George W Bush and rolled over for the sake of the establishment. You can say what you want Mitt but none of that will work when you (and Harry) stand in front of the judgement bar.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Re: Please comfort me. Tell me Romney will never rep Utah again

Post by hawkwing »

Interesting comments here. I'm curious to see how you think Donald Trump will fare when he stands before the judgement bar if you think Mitt is going to be in trouble for taking a principled stand.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

hawkwing wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:35 pm Interesting comments here. I'm curious to see how you think Donald Trump will fare when he stands before the judgement bar if you think Mitt is going to be in trouble for taking a principled stand.
I didn't know Donnie had been through the temple. (Hard to make excuses when you have). As for his principled stand, it's a farce. His hatred for DT is palpable. And he asked for Trump's endorsement. That my friend is called stabbing someone in the back. There is only evidence that Trump has done nothing to deserve impeachment but Romney made excuses and is trying to spin it like he came to some great conclusion. He reminds of a member that I reported to who always twisted his words to deceive all the time thinking he didn't really lie. He cut out from work to play golf one sunny day. Came back the next day sunburned. When asked he said he got it playing on sunday. I know he didn't play on Sundays but his play was that of sun-day a day with a lot of sun not the weekday Sunday. BTW this person was also a Bishop at the time.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

imuakahuku wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:53 pm
hawkwing wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:35 pm Interesting comments here. I'm curious to see how you think Donald Trump will fare when he stands before the judgement bar if you think Mitt is going to be in trouble for taking a principled stand.
I didn't know Donnie had been through the temple. (Hard to make excuses when you have). As for his principled stand, it's a farce. His hatred for DT is palpable. And he asked for Trump's endorsement. That my friend is called stabbing someone in the back. There is only evidence that Trump has done nothing to deserve impeachment but Romney made excuses and is trying to spin it like he came to some great conclusion. He reminds of a member that I reported to who always twisted his words to deceive all the time thinking he didn't really lie. He cut out from work to play golf one sunny day. Came back the next day sunburned. When asked he said he got it playing on sunday. I know he didn't play on Sundays but his play was that of sun-day a day with a lot of sun not the weekday Sunday. BTW this person was also a Bishop at the time.
I didn't realize that Christians who hadn't been through the Temple wouldn't face the judgement bar of God to be judged on the light and knowledge that they had received even if it was not a fullness. Thank you for sharing that gospel insight I'd never heard before. It was my prior understanding that all would stand before the judgement bar of God.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

I've been a registered GOP guy for well over 30 years. Honestly I would have voted the same way that Romney did, and I would have been disappointed with myself if I had done otherwise.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36 pm I've been a registered GOP guy for well over 30 years. Honestly I would have voted the same way that Romney did, and I would have been disappointed with myself if I had done otherwise.
I wouldn't have been able to stand before the judgement bar and said I held true to God and my conscious if I had voted any other way that Mitt. He's going to take a lot of flack for it, which increases the amount of respect I have for him for doing what he thinks was right.

But I'm not here to cast doubt on people who are able to successfully separate morality and following the Gospel from politics. Everyone goes into these aspects of their life differently.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

So please tell me what was the impeachable offense.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

hawkwing wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:58 pm
ABYUFAN wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36 pm I've been a registered GOP guy for well over 30 years. Honestly I would have voted the same way that Romney did, and I would have been disappointed with myself if I had done otherwise.
I wouldn't have been able to stand before the judgement bar and said I held true to God and my conscious if I had voted any other way that Mitt. He's going to take a lot of flack for it, which increases the amount of respect I have for him for doing what he thinks was right.

But I'm not here to cast doubt on people who are able to successfully separate morality and following the Gospel from politics. Everyone goes into these aspects of their life differently.
I'm a big "reasonable minds can differ" guy. I have no problem with someone else not seeing enough there to remove the President.

That said, I have a lot of pride in the Republican party as the only party to have a senator willing to place his conscience over his party affiliation when it comes to a vote to remove the president. The Democrats have twice had the opportunity to have a senator vote to remove their President for clear violations of the law, and both times have chosen not to do so. The Republicans are the only party to have anyone vote to follow the law over following their party's line, and that is a very good thing.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

To vote to convict Trump he had to bend reason and truth to get to his so called moral place. The President was not guilty of any impeachable offense. So how do you moralize a vote to convict for impeachment if he did not commit any impeachable offense?

As for the judgement bar, D&C 18:15 but in reverse.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

I admire Senator Romney for standing up to Trump’s efforts to use the awesome power of the Presidency to hold up constitutionally appropriated military aid to Ukraine (the quid) until it announces investigations that directly benefit his personal election campaign (the quo). Ukraine is a country that is desperately trying to defend itself from Russian invaders and trying to establish a democratic form of government but Trump was willing to stiff them until they helped his campaign. Romney showed a courage that we see lacking in our leaders today in condemning that action. Nearly all of our leaders have turned into tribalists these days that put party over principle. Today Romney stood out differently and he has my respect as a result.
Last edited by BoiseBYU on Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.