LDS Athletes Mentioned During Conference

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

LDS Athletes Mentioned During Conference

Post by byufan4ever »

Elder Stevenson mentioned Jimmer Fredette, Jabari Parker, Taysom Hill, Daniel Sorensen, Ricardo Rojas, William Hopoate, Jeremy Guthrie, and Bryce Harper. I did not know that Harper got sealed in the temple; good for him!

Also, Vai Sikahema got called as a new Area Seventy.

And did anyone watch the Jimmer documentary on BYUtv after the Priesthood session? Can we blame his NBA fall on Cousins since he got the coach that drafted Jimmer fired? I can't believe that he lives apart from his wife and kid. That would be really hard. Also looks like his Chinese career was almost destined to be a failure as his team did not have the best Chinese players, had not been to the playoffs in a long time, and just did not seem to be run very well. However, he has made the best out of that situation. Is his contract there over now that he has signed with the Suns?

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: LDS Athletes Mentioned During Conference

Post by SpiffCoug »

My two sons loved that talk.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
SenorCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by SenorCougar »

Don’t forget that Devin Durrant was released from the General Sunday School presidency and Brian Taylor offered the closing prayer in one session. For a while there, the church leadership could have fielded a team of Devin Durrant, Brian Taylor, and Gifford Nielsen. I think Gifford played some collegiate basketball his freshman year. And Brian Taylor was a solid player in the early 1980’s. Put them up against any other church administration team intermural over 55 team...
Last edited by SenorCougar on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SenorCougar
Sophomore

Post by SenorCougar »

Don’t forget that Devin Durrant was released from the General Sunday School presidency and Brian Taylor offered the closing prayer in one session. For a while there, the church leadership could have fielded a team of Devin Durrant, Bria Taylor, and Gifford Nielsen. I think Gifford played some collegiate basketball his freshman year. And Brian Taylor was a solid player in the early 1980’s. Put them up against any other church administration team intermural over 55 team...

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I remember Gifford Nielsen playing freshman basketball for BYU. I believe he was listed at 6' 5" and I think he played forward. He must have lost an inch in football because they listed him at 6' 4".

Have any of you ever watched Sikahema fight Canseco. Elder Sikahema knocked him out in the first round. Canseco claimed a black belt and was 6' 4" 250 lbs to our Elder's 5' 9" and maybe 200 lbs. Canseco was the one who issued the challenge.