Well, crap.

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Sammich
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Well, crap.

Post by Sammich »

frdbtr wrote:Different year, same result. TCU is in Max's head. Max may end up as the winningest QB in BYU's history but he is also the architect of some of the worst beat downs I can remember. He feasts on the poor quality of the MWC also rans and gets pummeled by the good teams. I guess we will have to see what happens against utah but TCU has a perfect gameplan against Max Hall and have executed it to perfection for 2 straight years.
Can you blame him? BYU's o-line (and creditTCU's d-line) dealt Max a bad hand over and over again tonight, TCU would get into any quarterback's head after that.

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Florwood »

'scuse me, can't talk tonight. Got something in my eye...a horned frog maybe.

CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

frdbtr wrote:Different year, same result. TCU is in Max's head. Max may end up as the winningest QB in BYU's history but he is also the architect of some of the worst beat downs I can remember. He feasts on the poor quality of the MWC also rans and gets pummeled by the good teams. I guess we will have to see what happens against utah but TCU has a perfect gameplan against Max Hall and have executed it to perfection for 2 straight years.
Agree, TCU has Max Hall's number. We'll find out in November if Hall has the ability to overcome and beat a good, fast rival. No doubt that BYU is better than the worst in the MWC but not as good as the best.

Detmer offered us some pretty embarrassing beatdowns as well. I won't jump off the BYU or Hall wagon. Though if we lose to Utah I may come close.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

It was a tough, ugly beat down. I was sitting there watching it unfold in front of me all night even though I was in no way healthy enough to be there, but I haven't missed a game since I got back from my mission in the Crowton days. For as much as it was worse than last year, it also didn't seem as bad as last year. I'm not sure I can put my finger on why yet, but maybe when my head clears up a little bit I'll be able to make more sense of it.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

ltpwfdcm wrote:with 12 minutes left I sure as heck hope we can score or else I'll be like the BYU 'fan' I thought I'd never become and start thinking that we can never win the 'big' game. It gives me the heebie jeebies even thinking that way but this game is slowly gnawing away at me. This game rates up there with the CSU and Boise State 58-13/50-12 games. Yuck.
ltpwfdcm, welcome to the club. Wish it didn't exist, but it does.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Italics »

hawkwing wrote:It was a tough, ugly beat down. I was sitting there watching it unfold in front of me all night even though I was in no way healthy enough to be there, but I haven't missed a game since I got back from my mission in the Crowton days. For as much as it was worse than last year, it also didn't seem as bad as last year. I'm not sure I can put my finger on why yet, but maybe when my head clears up a little bit I'll be able to make more sense of it.
I know exactly what you mean. We definitely played them better than last year, even if the score is a little worse.

I think the main reason is turnovers. Yes, we had the interception, but that wasn't one of thos "ugly" interceptions that Max throws where there's no BYU guy even close, it was more of a "fluke" interception. Yes, the fumble too - but the game was done by then. Last year the turnovers in the TCU game were just pathetic.

Usually our offense only fails when we turn it over. The TCU game this year was one of the first games in a long time where our offense protected the ball well, but was just flat out shut down.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care