Bottom Five and Other Miscellany

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bottom Five and Other Miscellany

Post by BoiseBYU »

A titantic week, bookended by the great, if somewhat unusual, state of Florida!

5. Florida. On the good side, the Gators held their opponents to ZERO pass completions. On the bad side (or good side from the bottom five's perspective) the Gutters lost. To FCS Georgia Southern. Giving up 429 yards rushing. Gutters now 4-7 with Florida State next (see below)

4. Old Dominated. Just last week or so, they earned their first FBS win, squashing what had been a pretty good season. They righted the ship this week, losing to NC 80-20 in a game shortened to a 10-minute fourth quarter.

3. Best looking losing team--Oregon Ducks. Get dominated by AZ Wildcats 42-16. And to think they can lose in 42 different uniform varieties to boot!

2. Utah. After defeating Stanford in a huge win for the program, the Utes have reeled off five straight losses, guaranteeing a losing season. Again. I should probably put California here. They are, after all, 1-11, giving up 49 points a game. But, I had to make a choice--Utah, Cal, Utah, Cal, Cal, Utah. I went Utah!

1. Idaho. Vandals had a daunting task--overcoming a 56 points spread. No problem! Vandals give up 80 points to FSU and lose 80-14.

Shout outs! It's November and the mighty SEC is playing really really tough opponents--Sout Carolina wrestled with Coastal Carolina (who knew they had a team?) and Alabama took on Chattanooga (I thought it was just a dance?) The ACC was not too far behind: the Seminoles risking everything against Idaho, Clemson playing the Citadel, and NC playing Old Dominion. Cheers! May your week be one of Thanksgiving and covering the spread!