Look at him GO!!!

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Look at him GO!!!

Post by BroncoBot »

blue42 wrote:I might be mistaken, but I don't recall Bronco ever blaming anything this year on injuries. I know I haven't read every single article on BYU or heard every sound bite, but it just doesn't seem like Bronco's style.

That said, yes Bronco fired the first volley with Utah not wanted to play BYU, which is the truth, and Whit came back with BYU excuses with injuries, which is a LIE!

So truth from Bronco and lies from Whit. Worries too much about BYU still, I can almost guarantee Bronco doesn't know who is injured on the Utah team, and he doesn't really care, he is focused only on BYU.

Whit is really starting to sound like a libertard politician, lying, trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing and only coming out when there is a big enough group to protect him.
I just thought it was surprising that after the biggest win for a LONG time at utah, that's what he decided to talk about.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

The most ironic thing in the world is that it was literally Utah (Chris Hill with Kyle Whittingham) who chose to avoid playing BYU for 2 years, because their schedule was already tough and they didn't want to risk a game that despite recent history, could have resulted in a loss for them.

Now it's looking like they could have just missed out on their 2 easiest wins over a team that would have been on a real national channel (at least for BYU's home game).

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

blue42 wrote:I might be mistaken, but I don't recall Bronco ever blaming anything this year on injuries. I know I haven't read every single article on BYU or heard every sound bite, but it just doesn't seem like Bronco's style.

That said, yes Bronco fired the first volley with Utah not wanted to play BYU, which is the truth, and Whit came back with BYU excuses with injuries, which is a LIE!

So truth from Bronco and lies from Whit. Worries too much about BYU still, I can almost guarantee Bronco doesn't know who is injured on the Utah team, and he doesn't really care, he is focused only on BYU.

Whit is really starting to sound like a libertard politician, lying, trying to figure out which way the wind is blowing and only coming out when there is a big enough group to protect him.
Maybe so, with whit, and after a few losses the luster will come off. But two huge conference wins and he has protected his job. Bronco was mouthing off first and should have been paying attention to his team and beating little brother USU. Instead got his hat handed to him and has a hot mess on his hands. Bronco prides himself of "Running into the wind", but it has been his running away from the wind getting away from his true genius and accumen that has got himself into trouble. and now he has done it again today by giving the clipboard back to Howell so he can 'game manage."

Cougarbib
TV Analyst

Post by Cougarbib »

That is a stretch calling Whitt a liar folks. BYU coaches have been quoted as saying it is a new season and a new team post Hill. BTW, Whittingham did not mention BYU.

Buy, yes, Whitt dislikes Bronco and Bronco dislikes him, and none of it changes anything. Utah beat USC with a QB that many thought should never risk playing again, and many others thought sucked, and he hurtled himself headfirst at the defenders at the pylon.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Matt Wells (USU head coach) was piling on this morning on the radio this well, and rightly so--he now has an opening to attack BYU in recruiting and have it hit home.

He essentially said, when DJ asked him if the UNLV win helps him land recruits, that he would tell a recruit looking elsewhere that USU has developed a culture where every player matters, contributes, and is ready. When someone goes down to injury, the next guy steps up, and they keep winning games, all the way down to 4th string freshmen coming in ready to play at quarterback. At USU, you'll have the chance to earn playing time regardless of seniority or personality as long as you give it all your effort.

What he didn't say was that, just before he leaves he's probably going to leave them a copy of Derik Stevenson's open letter to Bronco Mendenhall as well. At least that's what I would do if I were recruiting against Bronco/BYU.

nickdutson
BLUEshirt

Post by nickdutson »

Bronco has made excuses about the injuries on 2 different occasions that I can remember. Questionable at least to say Bronco is focused on BYU. If so he would be calling all the plays and getting his team amped and ready to play. Maybe excuse is the right word. But he has blamed the recent struggles on them.
Last edited by nickdutson on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

nickdutson wrote:

Bronco has made excuses about the injuries on 2 different occasions that I can remembers. Questionable at least to say Bronco is focused on BYU. If so he would be calling all the plays and getting his team amped and ready to play.
Like I said, I haven't read every article this year on BYU so I would like to see where he blamed the losses on injuries. Do you have the references?

nickdutson
BLUEshirt

Post by nickdutson »

blue42 wrote:
nickdutson wrote:

Bronco has made excuses about the injuries on 2 different occasions that I can remembers. Questionable at least to say Bronco is focused on BYU. If so he would be calling all the plays and getting his team amped and ready to play.
Like I said, I haven't read every article this year on BYU so I would like to see where he blamed the losses on injuries. Do you have the references?
http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-vs ... and-quotes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We knew coming in that Nevada was the best offensive team we’ve played so far. Some inexperience, some youth, some lack of concentration, some injury. Ultimately, the execution should be strong enough.
You can it as well on KSL.com in the post game articles. I remember reading one last week.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

nickdutson wrote:
blue42 wrote:
nickdutson wrote:

http://byucougars.com/m-football/byu-vs ... and-quotes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We knew coming in that Nevada was the best offensive team we’ve played so far. Some inexperience, some youth, some lack of concentration, some injury. Ultimately, the execution should be strong enough.
You can it as well on KSL.com in the post game articles. I remember reading one last week.
There is a difference between blaming a loss on injuries, and including injuries fourth on a list of problems that the team is experiencing.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

snoscythe wrote:Matt Wells (USU head coach) was piling on this morning on the radio this well, and rightly so--he now has an opening to attack BYU in recruiting and have it hit home.

He essentially said, when DJ asked him if the UNLV win helps him land recruits, that he would tell a recruit looking elsewhere that USU has developed a culture where every player matters, contributes, and is ready. When someone goes down to injury, the next guy steps up, and they keep winning games, all the way down to 4th string freshmen coming in ready to play at quarterback. At USU, you'll have the chance to earn playing time regardless of seniority or personality as long as you give it all your effort.

What he didn't say was that, just before he leaves he's probably going to leave them a copy of Derik Stevenson's open letter to Bronco Mendenhall as well. At least that's what I would do if I were recruiting against Bronco/BYU.
yes. this thread should be relabeled to "Look at them go"--as in recruits who were undecided. huge losses for BYU to utah and usu; unless you are bronco and think that any recruit worth his weight is going to recruit BYU--because after all, the guys who dont recruit BYU dont want to come and are therefore not worthy going after. HOW ABOUT SOME DEFENSIVE LINEMEN WHO CAN PUT PRESSURE ON THE OPPOSING QB'S, BRONCO????????