Cougar Board

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
NDCougar
Sophomore
Fan Level: 2nd Favorite team
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Cougar Board

Post by NDCougar »

I agree with all comments, CougarCorner is MUCH better. I would love to see more posting and banter, but maybe there is nothing to discuss?

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

There are quite a few former cougar corner posters over on cougarboard. They couldn't get along with prominent posters on this board. One in particular that drove off a ton of people posts exclusively there now, which is ironic.

It got pretty heated in the Heaps/Nelson era. The pro and anti Bronco stuff gets pretty vitriolic too.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

That poster is on CB now but he gets drowned out.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

The problem is that, in the off-season, it's almost impossible to have quality and quantity. You can talk about things that are actually going on or speculate about things that could actually likely happen (quality) or you can bs, call each other names, rehash Heaps V. Nelson, hate on coaches, and make ludicrous predictions/assumptions/accusations (quantity).

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

Should be easy enough to discuss interviews held on ESPN960 as well as byutv Sports Nation...Do you agree with Brian Logan if Mitch Mathews is an elite receiver or if Algie Brown set to make a huge impact (no pun intended).

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Could it be that the parochial voting system has also been a turn off to some?
I mean it's really turned into a place where if you get along with the mods life is better. Almost like it's an exclusive club of bros who just want to chat with each other and scare others off.

That said, I'm still grateful for the overall solid, if not amazing site, that this is compared to other sites. I know that sounds like both sides of my mouth. It's a tough balance.

I also think the OP represents what I am also feeling-- that pre-pre-season desire for some Cougar football. The summer is here. Camp is 60+ days away. It's near and I can't wait to hear about the team and players.

Maybe Scott or whoever should start up the hardest opponents rankings system.

Cougs_Rule
Over-Achiever

Post by Cougs_Rule »

Oh. Oops. And there it is!! Thanks Spiff.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

Stirfry wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:I visit this board almost exclusively due to quality despite quantity.

the other board gives me a headache.
1st to Cougar Corner and when it's a ghost town and I'm starving for information (usually because there really isn't any) I look at Cougar Board but only about 1 out of 10 topics is interesting and that's during the season. Right now it's more of a ghost town then here if your looking for actual cougar sports discussion.

Keep fighting the good fight Hawk. If we can get back to a 10 win caliber team we might see some fans on CC and in LES. :)
...or past the first round in the ncaa's.

Wolverine
Senior

Post by Wolverine »

I for one am a big fan of CC. I do miss some of the old regular posters and the good-natured back and forth banter. I can't imagine anyone would take any of this seriously enough to be offended to the point where they feel that they couldn't post here. I also appreciate the tweets and links to news articles. Carry on the good cause Hawk!

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

CC is awesome!

It's the off season. I'd rather things go quiet then endless circles and debates on the same things over and over.

And, for the record, I like the pluses and minuses, allows people to partcipate without having come up with a thesis and defend it.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel