Depth Chart for Nebraska Released--Nacua and Koroma to play

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Depth Chart for Nebraska Released--Nacua and Koroma to play

Post by snoscythe »

snoscythe
Retired

Re: Depth Chart for Nebraska Released--Nacua and Koroma to p

Post by snoscythe »

Notable that Koroma and Nacua are both listed as starting, indicating neither will be serving a suspension for this game after the Miami Beach Brawl. Takitaki, by way of distinction, is suspended from the game for his sticky fingers and is not listed on the two-deep.

Linehan and Almond still neck-and-neck, apparently.

blue42
Senior

Post by blue42 »

snoscythe wrote:Notable that Koroma and Nacua are both listed as starting, indicating neither will be serving a suspension for this game after the Miami Beach Brawl. Takitaki, by way of distinction, is suspended from the game for his sticky fingers and is not listed on the two-deep.

Linehan and Almond still neck-and-neck, apparently.
Great news here, but that completely blows my post in the suspension thread out of the water!! :D

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

I don't think the depth chart has anything to do with suspensions. I think it is the depth chart not taking into account suspensions. I hope your assumptions however are correct. that would be better than what I have heard regarding suspension.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

jonnylingo wrote:I don't think the depth chart has anything to do with suspensions. I think it is the depth chart not taking into account suspensions. I hope your assumptions however are correct. that would be better than what I have heard regarding suspension.
Sione Takitaki is our #1 Will. He is suspended for Nebraska, and therefore isn't even on the two-deep for the game. JLD, who is listed as the #1 is actually the #2 WLB. That's how I know the suspensions are reflected in the 2-deep.

Where I make a leap of logic is assuming that there won't be any half-game or quarter-game suspensions, which would not be reflected on the two-deep the same way as someone completely unavailable for the game.

cscoug
BLUEshirt

Post by cscoug »

jonnylingo wrote:I don't think the depth chart has anything to do with suspensions. I think it is the depth chart not taking into account suspensions. I hope your assumptions however are correct. that would be better than what I have heard regarding suspension.
If you go read Bronco's comments regarding the suspensions, he states some suspensions are out of his hands. There will most certainly be suspensions not reflected on this depth chart. It's unfortunate, but it sounds unavoidable.

byucougar1
Pro

Post by byucougar1 »

What's even more puzzling is the phrasing Bronco used when he spoke to reporters on Monday about the possible suspensions:

"“It was so long ago, I don’t know what more you can do to punish the kids besides the scrutiny that comes with it. I don’t know what else needs to happen for these kids to have learned their lesson than what has happened. We won’t be announcing the suspensions before the Nebraska game. We’ll announce them after.”

After they arrive at the stadium, after they take the field, after the game prior to BSU???? Need a Bronco Whisperer who can interpret the word "after."

stuckinbig10country
Heisman Winner

Post by stuckinbig10country »

When he's asked in the press conference who didn't play because of suspension, that's when he'll announce the suspensions.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

byucougar1 wrote:Need a Bronco Whisperer who can interpret the word "after."
I'm taking it as sarcasm, to try to get the media to stop asking about suspensions.