SDSU Game 12 2019

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

SDSU Game 12 2019

Post by scott715 »

YNot
All-American

Re: SDSU Game 12 2019

Post by YNot »

BYU needs games against Utah State and Boise State. That's it.

Those games don't really have anything to do with their MWC conference membership. They're regional rivals that actually have proximity and significant cross-over in the fan bases. It would likely hurt Utah State and Boise State just as much as it would hurt BYU to not play those rivalry games.

Other than 2017 when we played 6 MWC teams, we have never played more than 2 non-rivals from the MWC, and most future seasons have only 1 MWC non-rival.

Nice to know that the old school coach still harbors some resentment against BYU. I hope we finish the season strong and knock SDSU out of the rankings.

1967cougar
Junior

Post by 1967cougar »

I don't post much because I don't think I know enough or am well enough connected to say much of value. I'm on this site multiple times every day and absorb good stuff from most of you. Thank you.

I have some strong feelings about Kalani I want to throw out there to see if my reasoning is correct. It might not be. Then again, maybe I'm hitting the nail on the head.

Your Nick Sabans and Dabo Swinneys win championships. That's what they do. Your Bronco Mendenhalls usually go 9-3, 10-2. That's what they do. Your Kalani Sitakes are .500 coaches. That's what they are. Occasionally, one will learn and rise, but that is the rare exception.

As much as I love Sitake the individual, I don't think he will become that rare exception. The mere fact that he hasn't let Tuiaki go shows he is more into relationships than wins. I love my Cougars. I love them dearly. But I'm willing to sacrifice the season to see a coaching change. I don't think Sitake is the man to take us even up to the Mendenhall plateau.

And I really hope that I am wrong!

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Where would you guys put Lavell? A Bronco level coach who had the stars line up and win a championship? He only got there once. How would it gone if he took the NFL coaching job?