Holmoe on BYU Sports Radio 7/20/20

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Holmoe on BYU Sports Radio 7/20/20

Post by Fido »

Several interesting updates. Lots of conversations and possibilities right now but everything is waiting to see what the College Football Playoff does with the PAC12 and BIG10 already saying they will only be doing conference only (9 games). Will CFP standardize on conference only? Will 9 games factor in the playoff standings? How will unbalanced schedules work (9 game conferences vs 12 game conferences)? Until that is sorted out, everything is up in the air.

Fido
All Star

Re: Holmoe on BYU Sports Radio 7/20/20

Post by Fido »

Another interesting item was the team is applying for a waiver so that they can begin practice even though right now they don't have a game 1 on the schedule--so that when the season is ready to go, the players will be prepared.

Commoner
Recruit

Post by Commoner »

He said that he G5 were waiting to see if the other P5 conferences shortened their season. If they do, the G5 will be affected and would react accordingly.

As for CFP, Hancock has said that the committee accommodate the conferences and take into consideration if the conferences have unbalanced schedules.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by byufan4ever »

Look, either Covid is a big deal or it isn't. If it is a big deal, shouldn't we be worried about the players' safety? F the need for revenue for the universities. If I have to wear a mask ALL day in the office and be 6 feet away from people at all time, why would this not apply to sports? Just for OUR entertainment? Yes, I do feel for the Regular Joe who's job is impacted by no sports. But what about safety and health? I keep getting how horrible this thing is shoved down my throat and we are all okay with these athletes sweating and making contact with each other?

No, sorry. No sports until we are all okay with not wearing masks. If we are so afraid of this thing that healthy people need to wear masks then there should not be any sports where the players come within 6 feet of each other (did you hear that science is now saying that this thing can travel 12 feet??!)

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins