USU and BSU

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

USU and BSU

Post by BroncoBot »

Just watched the Utah state/BSU game.

These two teams have given me ptsd recently. BUT, after watching that game, Id be disappointed if BYU doesn't win both. Especially since I'll be at the BSU game.

USU:
killed themselves with huge turnovers and bone headed plays.
Picked up a lot of yards in chunks with bonner at times looking very accurate and strong. He could have a big day if BYU is playing soft zones as USU had a lot of success against BSU's with 15-20 yard passes.

BSU:
Killed USU with Bachmeier RPO. If defense plays like they did against USF, this will be a problem.
Obviously they have a great receiver in Shakir and Bachmeier looked accurate. Our defense, when healthy would have given them fits. We'll see how it goes in 2 weeks.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: USU and BSU

Post by frdbtr »

I was going to post this same thing, watching the USU vs BSU game, I would be surprised if BYU doesn't beat both these teams. Neither of them are very disciplined. BYU plays like they did against ASU against these teams, we get easy wins.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Fido »

I'm confident that BYU will come out on top. But it has been interesting to see the USU fans/Scott Garrard pick out one line from the quotes leaving context behind and then using it to claim BYU is full of pride, do not believe it is possible to lose to the Aggies and USU is not a rival. Hans Olsen even called Scott Garrard out on it during the broadcast and got the "I know...I know..." but then he kept going with the "BYU doesn't think USU is a rival" talk every chance he got. It wouldn't surprise me to see him use it as fodder for the football game broadcast. Funny to see how they look for reasons to be offended and create controversy where there really isn't much.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Fido wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:48 am I'm confident that BYU will come out on top. But it has been interesting to see the USU fans/Scott Garrard pick out one line from the quotes leaving context behind and then using it to claim BYU is full of pride, do not believe it is possible to lose to the Aggies and USU is not a rival. Hans Olsen even called Scott Garrard out on it during the broadcast and got the "I know...I know..." but then he kept going with the "BYU doesn't think USU is a rival" talk every chance he got. It wouldn't surprise me to see him use it as fodder for the football game broadcast. Funny to see how they look for reasons to be offended and create controversy where there really isn't much.
When fans or players have to manufacture reasons to get up for a game, they’re in trouble.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Here is what some of the players had to say about the USU fan section who was right behind the BYU bench:
Lorenzo Fauatea: Heard every swear word you can think of, heard your momma jokes.. hell, they even made fun of my wife by name. sthu with your “classless” self
Uriah Leiataua replying: They had me shook when they started saying her name smh
Bro they were saying some of the most crudest and absurd things. It was honestly sad to hear and see. They were looking us up and talking about others wives even. Ignored it until the end, but I couldn’t hold back once the game was done. Worst student section I’ve heard from
Last edited by Fido on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Jarom Jordan: He went to the student section to get the sign. (Says Gunner is a stupid name)

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Yeah, the USU fans are the worst I have ever seen. I watched some BYU/USU replays and the fans would boo injuries. That is the epitome of classlessness in a fan base. Even worse than the utes. I've never heard the ute crowd boo an injury.