Hall and Romney both available as of right now

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Hall and Romney both available as of right now

Post by hawkwing »

It sounds like it could change as the week goes along but both are available right now.

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Hall and Romney both available as of right now

Post by snoscythe »

Romney hasn't been ruled "in" yet either. With concussion protocol, I believe the soonest he would be available for full-contact is Friday.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

Not completely on topic but I believe that Conover handing off to Allgeier gives the team enough to be able to win, and I'd like to see both Hall and Romney sit this one out so they will be available for Baylor and USC

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

Eh, this is coach speak probably just not to tip their hand to BSU. I highly doubt Romney suits up this week or next. Hall, I have no idea. It was initially thought to be a very minor injury, but it was apparently more than that. Sitake is known for being very vague with player injuries.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by EM_Puma »

I agree that we can probably beat BSU with Conover, and if we can, I'd like to see them rest Hall. If this was a concussion for Romney, he's on borrowed time and IMHO would be unlikely to have an NFL career.

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

FWIW, it was accidentally mentioned by a coach at the Cougar Club lunch that Jaren was back practicing with the team this week -- Chad Lewis then interrupted and reminded "the audience" (i.e., really the coach) that BYU does not discuss individual player health or injuries.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

I didn't see anything from Conover in the USU game that leads me to believe that he could beat Boise State with his arm. 1 dimensional teams get beat. Don't be fooled by their record, if we don't get very good QB play against BSU, they will beat us. Algier isn't going to run for 200 yards when our QB isn't throwing well. I've heard good things about Conover in practice but Heaps used to destroy our defense in practice and then couldn't complete a pass in a game. I hope that Hall plays, we need Hall or Romney to stay unbeaten. Keep the kid on the bench until it is his turn to be the starter. I don't feel that time is now.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

snoscythe wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:07 pm FWIW, it was accidentally mentioned by a coach at the Cougar Club lunch that Jaren was back practicing with the team this week -- Chad Lewis then interrupted and reminded "the audience" (i.e., really the coach) that BYU does not discuss individual player health or injuries.
Hasn't he technically been practicing since ASU? coaches said that baylor just looked better that week with Hall being injured.