Offensive Line

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Sammich
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Offensive Line

Post by Sammich »

Everyone has been complaining about the defense, but watching the Washington State game has me convinced of what I've been suspecting---our O-line just isn't playing the same as what we saw early in the season, and is a big reason why we have stuttered in so many drives in the last two losses. Whether it's because of injuries and young players or scheme, I think this is still on the coaching staff to not make adjustments. We're playing our offense as if our O-line is good, and it just isn't right now. Something needs to change there or we are going to lose this game (and against Virginia next week).

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Offensive Line

Post by BoiseBYU »

Last year’s group was elite. Today, though, we averaged 5.3 yards on 46 carries. Not too shabby in my book. And with a number of players filling in for starters.

Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Offensive Line

Post by Fido »

Empey returned for today's game, but coming out of halftime, he was back on the sidelines on crutches. Pay played C the entire 2nd half. LaChance was still not back today. We may not see our fully healthy offensive line again this year--maybe against USC if we are lucky because of the rest they should get with Idaho State and the late bye week.