Blue White Scrimmage has me excited for this season!

BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Blue White Scrimmage has me excited for this season!

Post by byufan4ever »

Blue-White Scrimmage

Did anyone else watch it? I was tempted to make the 70 minute drive as it was a free event, but I couldn't convince my son to go with me!

I know it was a scrimmage against ourselves, but I was really impressed with our newcomers. And I'm not too concerned about our height. We have plenty of "big" boys even if they're not the tallest and we have quite a bit of athleticism. Freshman Fousseyni Traore was really impressive leading all scorers with 20 points and also grabbing 11 rebounds. Lucas and Knight both looked really good too. Gideon George started off fast but seemed to fade. Baxter had a nice dunk, but I honestly don't think he's going to do much this season. Pope said that he's going to be very careful with his minutes.

Somewhat like last season I think the major question is how this group is going to gel. While it's nice to get some high profile transfers I kinda worry that Pope is going too hard in that direction. I think we'll see it, but I'd love to see some good strong recruits stay from freshman year to senior.

One thing that I enjoyed hearing about was Harward showing up to the practice facility at 6am and blaring country music! :lol:

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
jadesroom
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Blue White Scrimmage has me excited for this season!

Post by jadesroom »

I'm looking forward to seeing how they all mesh. (I believe the preseason game is Thursday and I hope it's on BYUTV.) There's definitely a lot of talent. Whether there is enough to surpass the joy brought by the 2019-2020 team remains to be seen.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Blue White Scrimmage has me excited for this season!

Post by Qman »

I am excited for this year.

Starting 5 notes

-Barcello didn't play.
-Lucas struggled a little with a chaotic play but make several plays that make confident he will be good.
-George's shooting stroke looked better and with more experience he made a little better decisions
-Lohner looked exactly the same for good and bad. Hopefully he shows more progress
-Harward looked a lot thinner and made a 3. Hopefully better conditioning will make him less foul prone.

Bench notes
-Akiti looked much better than expected with several jump hooks and size on defense
-Traore is much more athletic than I expected. I see him playing a role this year.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb