BYU USC game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU USC game

Post by BoiseBYU »

An exciting game to watch! Thoughts:

Algeier played with amazing toughness.

Bywater and Tooley each had 13 tackles. 25 players had defensive stats. A real team effort!

Kaleb Hayes made the drive ending tackle, but his post game interview (thanks Fido!) is why I follow and support BYU athletics. Proud and grateful to have that young man (I’m an old guy) playing for BYU.

SC has a good one in Dart and their freshman tight end.

Best of wishes for Issac Rex. That injury looked nasty. He’s been such an integral part of the team.

Down to our third team running back, Jackson McChesney, and put in at the most crucial of moments, and what does he do? Powers for 17 yards on 3 carries, including the game winning TD. To wait all year for that opportunity and then make the most of it, that has to be satisfying.

I’ve not seen Sitaki as mad as he got on the sideline. Anyone know what it was about? Refs even flagged him. That man coaches with fire.

PAC 12 refs are really really bad. Some bad calls went out way and some went SC’s way. But man how do these guys get picked to ref a game?

Fun fun game. Closer than I thought, more exciting than I needed, but a fun game through and through.

Fido
All Star

Re: BYU USC game

Post by Fido »

I saw a tweet that said something about Sitaki feeling that the refs were ignoring dirty cheap shots on some guys and he blasted the refs for it. Sitaki also took a timeout before the final kneel down to get after the guys for mixing it up with some of the USC players--asking them to behave better. I saw a post-game interview where Sitaki, Hall, and one other player were getting asked about beating all 5 Pac-12 teams and opening it up for them to take shots at them--but Sitake said he has respect for all those teams who put BYU on the schedule because we were an independent and they didn't have to do that.

Fido
All Star

Post by Fido »

Reportedly (twitter posts) Rex had a similar injury to Gordon Hayward and has already had surgery due to the instability of the fracture/dislocation. I hope he has a good recovery!

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

Rumor is that it was a pilon fracture.