Creighton Loss

BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Creighton Loss

Post by byufan4ever »

First of all, Creighton is a good team. They won their conference last season and they brought in a top 10 recruiting class! They had size that we just couldn't deal with.

I don't want to have a knee jerk reaction and say the season is over. But as my flair says, don't act like 23 wins will be a great season if we miss the NCAA tournament. I'll do a more in-depth analysis once the non-conference play is over, but Pope needs to make some changes and quite a few players need to start stepping up.

So far according to warrennolen BYU is #29 in NET ranking with a resume of 1-0 in Quad 1 and 2-2 in Quad 2. We're starting to get close to the "we can only lose to Gonzaga twice and St. Mary's once" if we want to make the tournament. Some of our early wins are just not looking so great right now. Oregon is 4-5 and #125 in the NET.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Creighton Loss

Post by nuk13 »

byufan4ever wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:42 am First of all, Creighton is a good team. They won their conference last season and they brought in a top 10 recruiting class! They had size that we just couldn't deal with.

I don't want to have a knee jerk reaction and say the season is over. But as my flair says, don't act like 23 wins will be a great season if we miss the NCAA tournament. I'll do a more in-depth analysis once the non-conference play is over, but Pope needs to make some changes and quite a few players need to start stepping up.

So far according to warrennolen BYU is #29 in NET ranking with a resume of 1-0 in Quad 1 and 2-2 in Quad 2. We're starting to get close to the "we can only lose to Gonzaga twice and St. Mary's once" if we want to make the tournament. Some of our early wins are just not looking so great right now. Oregon is 4-5 and #125 in the NET.
Not having Harward and losing Baxter is hurting us. You are right, other players need to step up.

I look forward to your in-depth analysis.

Qman
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Creighton Loss

Post by Qman »

Coach Pope decided to go with more size by starting Atiki and playing Traore. It was enough against Weber St. In theory Atiki should improve by leaps and bounds with more playing time.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Chinese Proverb