BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

4-Star 2024 Forward Isaac Davis Commits to BYU

Post by byufan4ever »

4-Star 2024 Forward Isaac Davis Commits to BYU

BYU gets a 4 star recruit for the 2024 season! He's a 6-6/6-7 PF out of Idaho Falls. Probably pretty raw and at that height really needs to develop some solid guard skills and ideally play the 3/SF position especially in the B12.

I do find it odd that in his video announcing that he is choosing BYU that there is a song using the "n" word, if I heard correctly, but whatever I guess.
A 6-foot-6 or 7 (depending on who you ask) power forward, Isaac Davis is an elite athlete with upside to be a foundational piece for BYU. The easy comp is Yoeli Childs since they are similar size. Yoeli had better skills around the basket at the same age, but Isaac is a better athlete. Isaac’s athleticism will allow him to contribute right away as a rebounder on both ends of the floor. He has a tremendous motor and strength for his age, so rebounding and hustle plays should allow Isaac to play early on. He’s showed well offensively on the AAU circuit, and his offensive game will only continue to refine as he develops. Isaac has range out to the three-point and that will improve as he gets game experience. One underrated part of Isaac’s game is his passing — he has good instincts and decision making as a point forward. His athleticism and physicality is what sticks out most, but the decision making part of his game is what separates him from just strictly an athlete.

Being 6-foot-6 could cause some challenges for Isaac at the four spot, but his movement laterally and vertically will allow him to play against bigger players, guard 1-4 and even the five spot in certain lineups, and cause mismatches on the offensive end when guarded by less athletic players. Isaac’s combination of size and athleticism jumps off the page and will allow him to compete physically in the Big 12. Going from Idaho to the Big 12 will be a huge leap, so it could take at least a year for Isaac to make a real impact. Don’t be fooled by the fact Isaac prepped in Idaho — he has the body, athleticism, and skill to play at the highest level. I could easily see Isaac blowing up this summer in the AAU circuit and seeing his recruiting ranking rise higher.

Davis is not expected to go on a mission, so he’ll join Collin Chandler as incoming freshmen on next year’s team. BYU is also pursuing 2024 recruits Brody Kozlowski and Malick Diallo, among others, who could also join BYU for the 2024 season.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 4-Star 2024 Forward Isaac Davis Commits to BYU

Post by nuk13 »

He looks good.