2012 - Moana Ofahengaue

Discussion and information on upcoming and past BYU recruiting classes
jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2012 - Moana Ofahengaue

Post by jvquarterback »

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/24609/moana-ofahengaue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Again they won't let me embed the video

These are complete game highlights so you get to see what he does on plays he isn't sacking the QB. I didn't see any inside moves, just a speed rush from the outside.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams
Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Re: 2012 - Moana Ofahengaue

Post by Lawboy »

IF you are paying attention to recruiting, this kid might be the 2nd most highly recruited kid in Utah, behind Troy Hinds. He has 20 offers already, including BYU, Utah, Notre Dame, Nebraska, UCLA, OrState, and more. Big time player who would play OLB in a 3-4, and can get to a QB. He could be the next KVN. Keep an eye on this kid.

And by the way, his name ought to sound familiar because his dad Tevita played at BYU, and was drafted. If we do not land this kid, it hurts way worse than Biegel because he lives in Utah County. Gott lock down the locals who are highly touted. Rule 1 for Bronco and crew.

http://oregonstate.scout.com/a.z?s=182& ... id=4851718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

I live right next Westlake HS and didn't know this kid was there. I thought the only athlete they had worth mentioning was their QB. Don't know how I hadn't heard of him. I wonder what ward he lives in out here.

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Brandon Gurney is reporting that BYU is not pursuing Moana and has not offered him a scholarship. Apparently the relationship between his family and BYU is 'strained.'
GurneyTBS Brandon Gurney wrote: BYU has NOT offered Moana Ofahengaue...relations have been a bit strained with that family and I can't see BYU pursuing him
And then he followed that up with this:
GurneyTBS Brandon Gurney wrote: think I misspoke saying that the relations have been a "bit" strained...they've been "severely" strained over the years for whatever reason

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

The BYU Scout link I posted had him holding an offer from BYU, and that he was medium on BYU. It appears that is inaccurate info on scout.

Sounds like a long shot. Still, strange that Tevita has been distanced from BYU. Wonder what the story is? Strange since BYU gave him the chance to play, got him an education, and he got an NFL shot out of BYU. Plus, I was at LaVell's last game in 2000 and Tevita played in that one and seemed a bit anti-U in some gestures. Must have been offended. Or perhaps, this is what Vai Sikahema was writing about in one of his articles about poly coaches at BYU?

Sounds like he will end up elsewhere.