Discussion and information on upcoming and past BYU recruiting classes
byucougar1
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

2013 - Cooper Bateman - QB

Post by byucougar1 »

6-2/195

Kid (not LDS) sounds talented but has several offers including UT, USU, the Y.

In the Brandon Gurney article:

He had this to say about BYU:

“Bronco Mendenhall, himself informed me of my offer, and that it’s based on not just being a good football player, but it’s also based on their confidence in me as a person to live the standards they have up there. It means a lot to me to have been offered by a program like BYU.”

Bateman is not LDS, but has lived his entire life in Utah.

“I have a lot of respect for the LDS Church, its people, their beliefs and their standards,” he said. “A lot of my friends are Mormon, and down at BYU, they have great people there, great people to be around. I really like their coaching staff. I love Coach Doman, and BYU is an offer I’ll definitely consider.”

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: 2013 - Cooper Bateman - QB

Post by hawkwing »

Anyone want to put together a list of all the offered recruits for 2013 like this one?
http://www.cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.p ... 513#p76582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Sounds like a great kid, and I love how respectful he was. I still think he is Utah's to lose, and that he could end up at Stanford, or perhaps even Vandy, if they offer. If academics are as big of an issue as he says, Vandy is a great choice as well. They are the Stanford of the south. I would be really shocked if he chose BYU.

jvquarterback
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by jvquarterback »

Solid reads. Didn't look off the defense much.

If ye love the tranquility of servitude better than the contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Sam Adams