Execution

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Italics
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Execution

Post by Italics »

hawkwing wrote:Lets do our best to avoid referring to other fans, especially those on this forum in a negative fashion. I don't think that was anyone's intent here, but lets be sure to do out best to treat others with respect.
Agreed, people who call others names are complete idiots. ;)

I'm fine with Bronco being all about "execution," I just think that the issue some fans have with it is that it seems to be all he talks about. It doesn't seem to matter how we lose (poor defense, poor offense, poor pass rush, poor secondary, mistakes, turnovers, penalties, etc.) it's always "execution." I'm sorry, but that's a bit too vague.
He might as well come out and say "We lost the game because the other team scored more points."

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Italics wrote:Agreed, people who call others names are complete idiots. ;)
I knew I could count on you! :lol:

wazzucoug97
Recruit

Post by wazzucoug97 »

hawkwing wrote:I think we should try to understand and quantify what Bronco defines as execution.
I like this point. We all have a perspective on what execution means or should mean.... But whatever our perspective is, Bronco's is the one that matters. As a fan, I just hope that his definition is something that can show consistent improvement ALONG with a 4 game win streak..... strike that FIVE GAME WIN STREAK :)

GO COUGARS!!!
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by mizzoucoug »

My apologies. I didn't mean to be insulting.

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

mcgregor wrote:
mizzoucoug wrote:But when fans run wild with it and try to analyze everything in light of that explanation, it makes them look pathetically ignorant.
Also, since several "fans" here have used this word, you are in fact calling them (including me) "pathetically ignorant." I enjoy this board because out of all the Cougar forums, this seems to be the place where posters are most respectful to their peers. You either use the phrase cheaply, or you fully mean it. Either way, I hope that we all continue the polite tone the moderators here have established.
Calm down buddy. Don't be so sensitive. He is not calling you pathetically ignorant he is just using strong language to express his viewpoint. while this is not cougarblue we don't need to be oversensitive either.

Kbear
BLUEshirt

Post by Kbear »

Bronco mentioned recommitment today and I liked that. I am wondering what the difference is between execution and commitment other than one is saying and the other is doing. I am hoping the commitment part includes passion and yelling and stuff.

Old in body, but not in mind..."
cougsnspurs4life
Recruit

Post by cougsnspurs4life »

I'm just tired of words. Every time we play a good team, we lose, and then we hear vague references and subtleties about improvement and execution, and "credit to (winning team), they have a great head coach. He has them really moving in a good direction..."

wazzucoug97
Recruit

Post by wazzucoug97 »

cougsnspurs4life wrote:I'm just tired of words. Every time we play a good team, we lose, and then we hear vague references and subtleties about improvement and execution, and "credit to (winning team), they have a great head coach. He has them really moving in a good direction..."
We want more ACTION, less TALK!

GO COUGARS!!!
Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

cougsnspurs4life wrote:I'm just tired of words. Every time we play a good team, we lose, and then we hear vague references and subtleties about improvement and execution, and "credit to (winning team), they have a great head coach. He has them really moving in a good direction..."
Don't forget "teaching moment." That one bugs me most.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
wazzucoug97
Recruit

Post by wazzucoug97 »

Gunk wrote:
Don't forget "teaching moment." That one bugs me most.
OH YES! "teaching moment".....um, I am still waiting for the LESSON TO BE LEARNED.

GO COUGARS!!!