Bottom Five

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Bottom Five

Post by BoiseBYU »

Bottom Five Deluxe and Charity edition (no BYU mentions)

5. Colorado. A couple of weeks ago. Dan Hawkins replaced his son with another QB. Dissatisfied with how the team was doing Saturday, he put his son back in against KSU in the second quarter. Hawk junior promptly threw a pick. If that is not bad enough, he reinserted his son in the third quarter and...you guessed it... he threw another pick. Hawkins now 2-17 in road games as CO coach. Hawk can talk but he ain't got the walk.
4. NM. Without their coach, they actually played better, but still lost to UNLV.
3. Idaho. The universe has been righted and not a second too soon! Pleasant surprise Vandals give up 484 yards rushing to UNR and lose 70-49 Still better than pathetic WSU, so they own the Palouse (glad to let them have it).
2. Boston College. With all those turnovers against Notre Dame, I think it is now fair to call them the BYU of the east (oops violated my no BYU reference).
1. Washington Redskins...They have helped three previoulsy winless team get their first victory....perhaps New Mexico might schedule them?
Shout out: Let's hear it for Air Force! They may not be the best team, but they are, putting the chop bloicks to the side, the toughest....I think we are underdogs in that game....

byutx
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Bottom Five

Post by byutx »

When I think of Colorado, I think of how Boise State dodged a huge bullet by having Hawkins and his awful son leave. If I were a Bronco fan, I'd send him some sort of thank you fruit basket.

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

byutx wrote:When I think of Colorado, I think of how Boise State dodged a huge bullet by having Hawkins and his awful son leave. If I were a Bronco fan, I'd send him some sort of thank you fruit basket.
Even people not in the know, like me, knew that Hawkins rode Peterson's coattails when he took the CO job and that the real reason for BSU's success was due to the efforts of Peterson. There was very little gnashing of teeth when Hawk left. Peterson is a great head coach and an offensive genuis. Holy crap if he ever left and went to say Notre Dame...it would be the end of the free world

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

BoiseBYU wrote:
byutx wrote:When I think of Colorado, I think of how Boise State dodged a huge bullet by having Hawkins and his awful son leave. If I were a Bronco fan, I'd send him some sort of thank you fruit basket.
Even people not in the know, like me, knew that Hawkins rode Peterson's coattails when he took the CO job and that the real reason for BSU's success was due to the efforts of Peterson. There was very little gnashing of teeth when Hawk left. Peterson is a great head coach and an offensive genuis. Holy crap if he ever left and went to say Notre Dame...it would be the end of the free world
I think BYU might have an opening for a good OC....

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Special congrats to ex-powerhouse Nebraska, who lost at home 7-9 to Iowa State!

The Huskers have been down for a while now, and are hungry to prove that they are rising back up to the top of the college football world. Sadly, we now know that the best way to do that is to NOT turn over the ball EIGHT times in one game.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Florwood
Senior

Post by Florwood »

Add Colorado State. After tantalizing fans with a great 3-0 start, they have gone 0-5

BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Florwood wrote:Add Colorado State. After tantalizing fans with a great 3-0 start, they have gone 0-5
I seriously considered CSU, but have a strict each conference only gets one team in the Bottom Five policy (except the WAC) and NM gets the nod....as for Nebraska....same story--CO got the nod but now I am having second thoughts---8 turnovers?!?!

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Florwood wrote:Add Colorado State. After tantalizing fans with a great 3-0 start, they have gone 0-5
This I think is one of the most interesting stories in College Football. Such a strong start, not against great teams but still... was it the loss to BYU that just kinda wrecked their dreams of being in the top 3 of the MWC so they just kinda quit on their coach? I don't know, I haven't watched them enough.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

hawkwing wrote:
This I think is one of the most interesting stories in College Football. Such a strong start, not against great teams but still... was it the loss to BYU that just kinda wrecked their dreams of being in the top 3 of the MWC so they just kinda quit on their coach? I don't know, I haven't watched them enough.
Seems like a loss to BYU this year is so demoralizing that teams throw in the towel.
OU- contender before loss. Pretender after loss
FSU- ACC champion wannabe before loss- hoping for a bowl game post loss
CSU- already discussed
Tulane- does this team really exist?

Anway, kind of sad how well teams play against BYU. After watching FSU in their first couple games, I had a feeling that if BYU struggled against the Seminoles, that BYU would be in a lot of trouble come conference play. And what happened to home field? Is it really the turf? Why does BYU look like they've never played together before when they play at LES???