BYU and Life

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU and Life

Post by urroner »

Usually twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, I news google BYU to just see what is happening in sports. Other news items appear on the list all the time, but I usually ignore them, but every once in a while, some article catches my eye and I read it. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it bad; BYU losing is always bad.

Sometimes I just have to laugh about what's in the article, for example, the ad contest between BYU and CU. The video was fufreaking funny.

This morning, I had a tear or two running down my cheek. Seems some young BYU coed, Ashleigh Nicole Cox, was killed in an avalanche. I don't know why it affected me so. I don't know her, her family, or anybody who knows her. She's just some stranger who lived thousands of miles away.

Maybe it was her picture in the article or even if was how her life was described in the article. It's so sad when somebody so young, so full of spunk, and such a good person, had her life snuffed out so quickly and so unexpectedly.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8655 ... urous.html

This type of stuff should make me a hard, bitter person, but, then again, I know this life isn't the end.

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?