Romney Speculation

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Romney Speculation

Post by Ddawg »

Deseret News -
"Mitt Romney eyeing presidential run in 2016, longtime friend says"

Published: Monday, Dec. 29 2014 5:45 p.m. MST
Updated: 13 hours ago

SALT LAKE CITY — Mitt Romney is eyeing a third run for the White House and will get in the race in the coming months if he doesn't like how the GOP field is looking, his longtime friend Kem Gardner said Monday.

"I know exactly what Mitt's going to do," Gardner, a real estate developer who helped bring Romney to Utah to lead the 2002 Winter Olympics, told the Deseret News. "I think over the next few months, a lot of things will happen."

But Spencer Zwick, who raised $1 billion for Romney's 2012 campaign, said the decision is a personal one for Romney and isn't going to be dependent on how any other Republican in the race is doing.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... -says.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Romney Speculation

Post by snoscythe »

It's gunna happen.

Screamineagle
Freshman

Post by Screamineagle »

I like Mitt Romney but I worry this will not end well

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I'm less enthused this time around. I have questions. He caved in the second debate with obama and I don't know why. He also backed the governor and representative (in Idaho) that I think should go home. I don't know why he didn't back the guy that ran against the governor. I met him and am impressed. Why did Romney back some one other than the establishment people?

I'm not saying I won't vote for him, I'd vote for anybody that runs against who the media is saying the dems are running, but I'd like some answers.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

snoscythe wrote:It's gunna happen.
Mongo sez - "Me want Romney to run, run hard, and win."

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

nuk13 wrote: I have questions. He caved in the second debate with obama and I don't know why.
His campaign manager and handlers gave him bad advice. Romney didn't cave. He was so dominant in the 1st debate, he was advised to back off - to present a softer image to women and moderate voters. It was bad advice.

I sincerely hope Romney runs again. I also sincerely hope he gets a different campaign manager. The last one was a dilwad.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Unless his VP is hispanic, this contest is over before it began.

He needs to give away free cell phones and promise to reward illegal immigration.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:
Unless his VP is hispanic, this contest is over before it began.

He needs to give away free cell phones and promise to reward illegal immigration.
How about a black female for VP? Condoleezza Rice. Impeccable record. A stellar debater.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Ddawg wrote: How about a black female for VP? Condoleezza Rice. Impeccable record. A stellar debater.
I've heard people mention Mia Love. I dunno. There are a lot more hispanics in this country that the Republicans need to win over in my opinion.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Mars wrote:
Ddawg wrote: How about a black female for VP? Condoleezza Rice. Impeccable record. A stellar debater.
I've heard people mention Mia Love. I dunno. There are a lot more hispanics in this country that the Republicans need to win over in my opinion.
I like Mia Love. He star is rising - but she needs time. She does not have the chops for a VP spot in the "Big Show". It would be Sarah Palin all over again. The national liberal MSM would lay traps and ambushes for Mia.

I agree we need to win the Hispanics over. The question is, which Hispanic politician would be a good VP choice? I like Marco Rubio - but - have reservations.

Ahhh politics ...... ;)