According to this week's Sagarin ratings....

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Fido
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

According to this week's Sagarin ratings....

Post by Fido »

BYU has now played the toughest schedule in the country. I think getting our toughest games early while others are playing their FCS game and OOC games helps and BYU's FCS game isn't for a couple more weeks. So it will equalize that way a bit--but I'm still feeling good about being 3-2 at this point with the schedule that they've faced.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yzzazz
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: According to this week's Sagarin ratings....

Post by Yzzazz »

It really is too bad BYU didn't have Taysom and Jamal for this schedule. Seems hard to believe we wouldn't have beaten UCLA with them, and Michigan would have been a COMPLETELY different game if those world class defenders have to help contain a fleet-footed QB.

We need to remember that if we feel tempted to think the AD overscheduled this year. No way. Imagine what would have happened if Taysom and Willis were still playing and had managed to overcome the Wolverines in the big house this year. Assuming they then run the table, there is NO WAY they could have been kept out of the playoffs.

Meanwhile, TM setting a record for a BYU freshman the week after playing UM tells us very clearly that we have a QB who will be better prepared for the big games in his future than any we've ever put on the field. The day will come.

I say Kudos to the schedulers. Keep it coming!

blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by blue42 »

In addition to this if you look at the top 10 SOS schedules BYU is only 1 of 4 with winning records.

Take it another step and out of the top 20 hardest SOS only 9 have winning records.

I think this shows how well BYU has played in it's first 5 games and all this with a Freshman QB and 3-4-5 string running backs.

E-Zone15
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by E-Zone15 »

Fido wrote:BYU has now played the toughest schedule in the country. I think getting our toughest games early while others are playing their FCS game and OOC games helps and BYU's FCS game isn't for a couple more weeks. So it will equalize that way a bit--but I'm still feeling good about being 3-2 at this point with the schedule that they've faced.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I was wondering who played the 2nd toughest and looked it up:
#2 Texas they are 1-4
#3 Virginia they are 1-3

Boise St's SOS is number 85, which kind of surprised me a little, I thought it would be more on par with Utah St (#23).

:bug:

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

It is now the 4th hardest.
Texas #1 2-4
Arkansas #2 2-4
UVA #3 1-4

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

scott715 wrote:It is now the 4th hardest.
Texas #1 2-4
Arkansas #2 2-4
UVA #3 1-4
Having 4th hardest and to be 4-2. Huge accomplishment with the injuries and situation BYU has had to deal with so far. Great job by coaching staff imo.

You could definitely argue for BYU in top 25 losing to 2 ranked schools and only being taken to the woodshed by the suddenly indomitable Michigan.