So is this loss on Emery and Davis?

BYU Cougars on the court.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: So is this loss on Emery and Davis?

Post by Schmoe »

byufan4ever wrote: At some point we run out of players to blame and the man in the suit has to take responsibility for the bad results.
This is the truth. I really like Rose, but I think he often takes longer than necessary to make the adjustments needed. And, I know he's a "player's coach," but this year has been especially frustrating with the selfish play and disunity on the floor -- unless you've got MJ on your team, basketball is a team game.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Brayden Green
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Brayden Green »

Schmoe wrote:
byufan4ever wrote: At some point we run out of players to blame and the man in the suit has to take responsibility for the bad results.
This is the truth. I really like Rose, but I think he often takes longer than necessary to make the adjustments needed. And, I know he's a "player's coach," but this year has been especially frustrating with the selfish play and disunity on the floor -- unless you've got MJ on your team, basketball is a team game.
Yep. Rose is a very good coach, but this is his one glaring weakness. He needs better assistants (which he can control only to an extent. His assistants keep getting hired out from under them, a mixture of $ and opportunity) and he needs to take a little better control of the team and not let the court be a playground. There needs to be a serious focus on offense, defense, and transition basketball.

If you don't hustle, you don't play. There is plenty of talent on the team.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like:

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

For the last few seasons it seems Rose has lost a bit of control over his team. There have been too many questionable rotations. I hope it's more a player situation than a coach situation and with the Seniors gone Rose will get better control over the lockeroom, but there's been a lot of sloppy ball the last few years and supposedly we have an uptick in talent on the team.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel