Colrado to join the Big12 in 2024

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Colrado to join the Big12 in 2024

Post by scott715 »

Only one year. That is quick.

TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Colrado to join the Big12 in 2024

Post by TulaneVandyRiceCoug »

My guess is that Arizona comes next and makes Big12 basketball go from level 9 Orc Mage, clear up to a Level 10 Paladin. Big12 basketball schedule will get, ahem, even more difficult.

I am happy that Colorado is joining. Makes sense all around. I don't know what Oregon and Washington will do, but they are next up for either Big10 or Big12 inclusion.

As BYU fans, the best thing to do would be to thank Utah for the games they did decide to play and then treat them like a Cluster B ex: you "nothing" them. Don't gloat that they aren't in a P5 or laugh at the diminished Pac12 (or 9 or whatever). Don't give them any attention. Don't mention how they might affect you. Don't stay in touch at all. Don't respond when provoked.

Best thing BYU can do right now is continue to develop and grow as a program and add to a stable conference in every way.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Colrado to join the Big12 in 2024

Post by scott715 »

The message that i am hearing is that we have only 1 opening and who will take it. Every remaining school has to worry about being left behind. In 2024 with 9 teams there will be one less conference game (8 total) who do they find to take that game? Another conference foe? A fcs team but they al ready have one on their schedule wo it won't count to being bowl eligible.

Arizona is rumored to already applied for that spot. Could we get Oregon to take it?