Adam-ondi-Ahman

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
bostoncoug
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Adam-ondi-Ahman

Post by bostoncoug »

BigCougsFan wrote:
HoosierCougar wrote:Finally, I have received a mission call. It does not have a location or a specific date. It only asks three questions:
1) how well do I navigate between Mandarin and Cantonese,
2) how quickly could I develop a logistics plan to move 40-50,000 young adults from locations in approximately 120 countires to Asia, and
3) how much lamp oil is in my food storage.

Then there's a number to call, but the area code isn't one I am familiar with. Couldn't find it on google or Wikipedia (and the letter cautioned me not to share the number outside my immediate family). I am only to call when I have my affairs in order and am ready to receive the specifics of the call.
Sometimes I don't know if people are serious or joking?

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

bigbluepuma
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by bigbluepuma »

kitic77 wrote:I heard when I was at the MTC, that in the basement of the visitor center at Adam-ondi-Ahman they already have 144,000 padded folding chairs ready to be set up for the big shindig that will happen there.
Oh, the rumors get a lot bigger than that. My in-laws had people stopping in on their way home from other missions and asking them where the entrance to the underground city is. "Oh come on, you can tell us. We're fellow missionaries..." :roll:

BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by BroncoBot »

bigbluepuma wrote:
kitic77 wrote:I heard when I was at the MTC, that in the basement of the visitor center at Adam-ondi-Ahman they already have 144,000 padded folding chairs ready to be set up for the big shindig that will happen there.
Oh, the rumors get a lot bigger than that. My in-laws had people stopping in on their way home from other missions and asking them where the entrance to the underground city is. "Oh come on, you can tell us. We're fellow missionaries..." :roll:
Oh man, that's way too funny. Good old LDS rumors.