Just Back From the Game... Thoughts...

BYU Cougars on the court.
tyscat
Gray Shirt
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Just Back From the Game... Thoughts...

Post by tyscat »

Awesome stuff. Apparently you could see me on TV. I was on row 2, off to the left of the home team benches. Me in a Jimmer jersey and my wife in a Jackson jersey. We were right behind all the guys and girls dressed in green. Gonzaga looked great but St. John's looked horrible. Saturday should be fun. I hope to see a ton of Cougar fans. Gonzaga traveled fairly well but BYU is definitely representing.

I brought my Canon XSi, so hopefully I'll end up with some good pictures from this trip.

We sat by a bunch of wine distributors, many of whom were inebriated. They all loved Jimmer and they all promised to pull for BYU the rest of the way (they were comped tickets by a client and really don't have a dog in the fight). It started with one guy who had me take some pictures for him on my camera and then he gave me his card so that I could email them to him. It was clear that he had tipped a few back at that point. Anyway, he told me he would pay me for it and asked "what I drink" (remember, these guys are a bunch of alcohol distributors), lol... I told him I don't drink and that he didn't need to pay me for the pictures; he just had to cheer for BYU for the rest of the tourney. He agreed. Same deal for all of his buzzed buddies.

We talked about Davies and they respected the decision but still thought it was kind of weird. We explained the HC and when we told them that BD still traveled with the team, helped cut down the net for the championship etc., they respected BYU's move. They all seemed to have a lot of respect for BYU.

Anyway, if nothing else, we have some new (drunk) BYU fans.

Oh, and I saw John Stockton.

Bring on the 'Zags...

snoscythe
Retired

Re: Just Back From the Game... Thoughts...

Post by snoscythe »

PM me if you or anyone else is going to the Saturday game. We should meet up for a late lunch somewhere in LoDo before the session.

BigCougsFan
All-American

Post by BigCougsFan »

I'm all over in Middle Tennessee(North) and everyone that I talk to, about who I'm cheering on. They all say they respect BYU for their decision about BD, and how BYU lets him travel with them.

AND everyone of them have said... I want Jimmer and BYU to go deep this year.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Sounds like a great time. Denver was the place for amazing memories with all the upsets and the Jimmermania!