Getting More Users

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
blue42
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Getting More Users

Post by blue42 »

I actually didn't get an invite :~( but stumbled across the board. When I saw all the old names here from the board that will not be mentioned I almost started crying with joy :lol: It really did feel like I was coming home and getting the best insights and discussion about the greatest team on earth! I kind of feel like the little brother who keeps wanting to tag along and the older ones keep trying to hide from me.

Seriously guys I have missed all the great discussions and insights each of you bring.

Cougy_Monster
Sophomore
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Cougy_Monster »

scott715 wrote:Can I suggest an improvement? New users have to take a BYU fan exam. kind of like those honesty tests. That would keep the trolls out!

That's what I had to do to get my free tickets to David Letterman. I called their number and the guy asked me "What's the name of the owner of Hello Deli?"

"Rupert!" I answered.

A great day. Uma Thurman and Rachel Ray were the guests.

ghansen188
Gray Shirt

Post by ghansen188 »

I haven't posted on other sites, but I am hoping this will be a fun, informative site. I'm really tired of the BYU bashing. If I want to read that stuff, I'll go to a Utah site. Here's hoping.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

ghansen188 wrote:I haven't posted on other sites, but I am hoping this will be a fun, informative site. I'm really tired of the BYU bashing. If I want to read that stuff, I'll go to a Utah site. Here's hoping.
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"relax," said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

welcome to your next addiction. ;)

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

declocoug wrote: welcome to your next addiction. ;)
The Hotel Cougarfornia! :D

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

Someone who knows them needs to send a personal invite to Jared Cowley and Aaron King. There are a number of old-time posters that have faded out that I think would appreciate this site. I invited those that I know through FB, but I think some of the disenchanted need a personal invite from someone they trust before they stick their necks out again.

Kiwi?

vancouvercougar
All-American

Post by vancouvercougar »

Thanks for the invite Mars. I don't post a lot, but I do read others' posts nearly every day.

Reading posts on the other site I frequented was more and more like walking down the main street of my home town and not recognizing anybody.

Its good to see the names of trusted posters here.

Cougy_Monster
Sophomore

Post by Cougy_Monster »

I wholeheartedly apologize for tainting this board with the message below, but I found it so amusing I just couldn't help myself. I clipped it from the forum that shall not be named.

He is either oblivious, or he actually has some sense of humor. Either way it's pretty funny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wholly crap another thread (demise of CB) censored
by Steed » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:19 am

What is the deal? This is getting out-of-hand. That's it, I am bouncing over to Cougar Corner.
Last edited by Steed on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Cougy_Monster wrote:I wholeheartedly apologize for tainting this board with the message below, but I found it so amusing I just couldn't help myself. I clipped it from the forum that shall not be named.

He is either oblivious, or he actually has some sense of humor. Either way it's pretty funny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the deal? This is getting out-of-hand. That's it, I am bouncing over to Cougar Corner.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think he would get :munch: and we wouldn't even have time to :sick: before he were banned.

ABYUFAN
Pro

Post by ABYUFAN »

Cougy_Monster wrote:I wholeheartedly apologize for tainting this board with the message below, but I found it so amusing I just couldn't help myself. I clipped it from the forum that shall not be named.

I saw the same thing and posted it on another thread. I believe he's got a great sense of humor. (Unfortunately for him it doesn’t surface nearly enough)

As an aside, I responded to that post in that thread, and I believe it will be my last post over there.

As others have said before, I only have time for one message board. I tried signing up for other cougar boards over the summer when i was fed up with Cougarblue, but I was too unfamiliar with all of the other posters, and just stuck with what I was comfortable with.

I had signed up for the prediction game here a long time ago, and when I saw that the forums were up and running, I started the move over to here. I have now moved here fulltime, and that other site is no longer in my "favorites" pull down menu.